Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #21

some have removed the screen on the end of the faucet and found debris in there.
glad u found ur electrical problem and that it was an easy fix.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #22

my guess is that it is in Bypass - check the valves near the water heater and the water filter.
- check to see if you have water going into the water filter - not sure where it is on a 1809 but on my 2306 it is in the front compartment on the right side if you look at the front of the camper.

make sure you verfiy that you have water in the hot water heater before turning that switch to on or you will burn the element up - I always turn my switch off when I tear down the trailer to leave the site and then hook up the water and pull the pressure release valve open till water comes out before I turn the switch on.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
my guess is that it is in Bypass - check the valves near the water heater and the water filter.
- check to see if you have water going into the water filter - not sure where it is on a 1809 but on my 2306 it is in the front compartment on the right side if you look at the front of the camper.

make sure you verfiy that you have water in the hot water heater before turning that switch to on or you will burn the element up - I always turn my switch off when I tear down the trailer to leave the site and then hook up the water and pull the pressure release valve open till water comes out before I turn the switch on.

She mentioned it was only the bathroom taps that did not work. There will be no specific bypass for thos taps. As has been mentioned, check for a plugged screen in the taps them selves. I am assuming it is both the hot and cold that are not functioning. If it is only one then you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
She mentioned it was only the bathroom taps that did not work. There will be no specific bypass for thos taps. As has been mentioned, check for a plugged screen in the taps them selves. I am assuming it is both the hot and cold that are not functioning. If it is only one then you need to look elsewhere for the problem.
I didnt see that part - DOH - I thought I read no water - I missed this part "The new problem however is that I have no water pressure to the bathroom sink - the shower and the kitchen sink work great. any ideas??"

thanks for pointing that out
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnm1987 View Post
I am using an adapter that came with the camper to plug it in. I have the camper cord going into a brand new 10 gauge Rigid extension cord that is working. I have switched all the breakers to "OFF" and back to "ON" and taken out each fuse and put it back in.

The adapter might be your problem. I have seen bad ones, especially the cheap ones that come with the trailers.
I guess first things first. You really really need to get a volt meter and learn how to use it. Start at the house checking for 120VAC and work your way to the trailer. Checking every spot you can access to see where the loss of power is.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #26

thanks again to everyone for the ideas! I really hope this is just getting the initials kinks out because it sure if frustrating
dnm1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #27

Hang in the dnm.......You are not going through anything that ALL of us have not gone thru before.
My dad used to say its like eating an elephant...JUST 1 BITE AT A TIME.
You will get all of the bugs worked out and be really enjoying your new rig real soon.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote