Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
Knower of Some Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowait View Post
Lights in the ceiling with a main light switch to turn them on. My kids need to grow quite a bit to reach the lights in the ceiling so thats why your post caught my eye.
It's tough to run wires through laminated walls. Maybe stick to running them through cabinetry.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #22

I was right. As I said in previous reply I was just lucky. On our trip to Big Bend we stoped in San Angelo State Park. When I extended the tongue jack it stopped halfway down and the head turned sideways. Had to use a long handled ratchet and 3/4 socket to raise and extend for the rest of the trip. The hand crank for the tongue jack is was usless it was so hard to turn. Other than that the trip was GREAT!!!!

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #23

Just returned from my second trip in our new 2604. Before going out for longer periods, I'm trying to work out the bugs and learn about the trailer. In reading about the Lippert tongue jack, I've bought plenty of fuses in anticipation of blowing a few. Is the manual override located on the top beneath the black rubber plug?

By the way, Lippert really has a good informational site on many trailer features, complete with pictures, diagrams, etc. If you've not visited the site, then go to http://www.lci1.com/ for their home page and http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...d=61&Itemid=68 for an entire page of how to brochures. Don't know how many might pertain to you, but I found a few that will work for me.

Cheers,
SKOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #24
Arn
Arn

Yes, top plug.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #25

As Arn said the manual crank point is under the top rubber plug. You will also need a long #1 phillips screw driver to access the fuse, mine is about 3 inches and is to short for 2 of the screws. Try the manual crank before you need it, in my case it was usless. But in my case something inside the tongue jack broke. The head can now be turned to either side. Taking it into the have warrenty work done tommorrow. Hope to get it back soon. Have a 4 day trip planned next week, will probably cancell and a 20 day in late May.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #26

We have the twin to the Rockwood 2604 (Flagstaff 26RLSS) and have had NO problems with the electric jack, Also...I agree with the plastic bag cover......we use a custom .....Publix's / Winn Dixie / Wal-mart plastic bag just to keep the water off it!
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, rockwood