Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #11
Just a member
 
kandl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cool Pool, AB
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesb2 View Post
I have electric stabilizer jacks on my 2009 Rockwood 8306SS and the front set of jacks have developed a horrible awful squeaky noise everytime they are extended or retracted.
Please excuse the cynicism but I'm a amazed the electrical part of of your 2009 stab jacks are in fact even working. Our front end packed it in six months out from the dealer (warranty) and the rear end stab motor gave up the ghost right after the warranty TX'd. No worries, cranking the stabilizers down by hand is exponentially faster than the agonizingly slow electric option.
__________________

__________________
Keith, Lori & the Wild Bunch
TT: 2011 Rockwood 8293RKSS
TV: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 CC 4x4 (ya.. it's got a Hemi
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 89
Spayed every exposed part under the trailer before heading out on the weekend with White Lithium Greese. White so I could see what I hit and missed. Did every screw, nut, rod and anywhere the legs made contact with metal when retracted. Worked amazing. Landing gear and legs came down smooth and quiet. Heck I even sprayed the truck Super Springs and any contact points on the 5ver hitch. 1 can a year and it pays off 10 fold.
__________________

__________________
Mike - Ottawa
'10 Rockwood 8280ws
2014 Ram 2500 SLT HD Crew Cab 4X4 3.73
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandl View Post
Please excuse the cynicism but I'm a amazed the electrical part of of your 2009 stab jacks are in fact even working. Our front end packed it in six months out from the dealer (warranty) and the rear end stab motor gave up the ghost right after the warranty TX'd. No worries, cranking the stabilizers down by hand is exponentially faster than the agonizingly slow electric option.
Really? Is this the norm for others? Mine seem to be fine after 4 years, although yes they are quite slow...
__________________
hayesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike101 View Post
Spayed every exposed part under the trailer before heading out on the weekend with White Lithium Greese. White so I could see what I hit and missed. Did every screw, nut, rod and anywhere the legs made contact with metal when retracted. Worked amazing. Landing gear and legs came down smooth and quiet. Heck I even sprayed the truck Super Springs and any contact points on the 5ver hitch. 1 can a year and it pays off 10 fold.
Were your jacks squeaking and noisy prior to applying the White Lithium Greese? Everything I've read so far has been to not use any lithium grease or any wet lubricants...
__________________
hayesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike101 View Post
Spayed every exposed part under the trailer before heading out on the weekend with White Lithium Greese. White so I could see what I hit and missed. Did every screw, nut, rod and anywhere the legs made contact with metal when retracted. Worked amazing. Landing gear and legs came down smooth and quiet. Heck I even sprayed the truck Super Springs and any contact points on the 5ver hitch. 1 can a year and it pays off 10 fold.
Mike, everything I have read says to avoid grease (lithium or otherwise) because it attracts road dirt and will eventually bind up the works. It also gets caked on and is difficult to remove without a parts bath.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Herk
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Dry graphite. ......
Sprays on wet then drys
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 89
Here is the claim on the can. I used it last year and seemed to work...
Water- and heat-resistant formulation provides you with a long-lasting, heavy-duty lubricant. Reduces friction, while protecting against rust and corrosion. Sprays on evenly as a liquid, and sets up dry for a thick coating - will not splatter, melt, run, wash-off or freeze. Automotive use: Hinges, locks, latches, seat tracks, strike plates, cables, distributor cams, battery terminals, radio antennas, windshield wiper mechanisms, bolts, bearings and more
__________________
Mike - Ottawa
'10 Rockwood 8280ws
2014 Ram 2500 SLT HD Crew Cab 4X4 3.73
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 89
Herk - can you please also check out my post on Electrical, Charging Systems & Solar: surge guard popping
__________________
Mike - Ottawa
'10 Rockwood 8280ws
2014 Ram 2500 SLT HD Crew Cab 4X4 3.73
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike101 View Post
Here is the claim on the can. I used it last year and seemed to work...
Water- and heat-resistant formulation provides you with a long-lasting, heavy-duty lubricant. Reduces friction, while protecting against rust and corrosion. Sprays on evenly as a liquid, and sets up dry for a thick coating - will not splatter, melt, run, wash-off or freeze. Automotive use: Hinges, locks, latches, seat tracks, strike plates, cables, distributor cams, battery terminals, radio antennas, windshield wiper mechanisms, bolts, bearings and more
I use the same, if it gets to be a problem, I'll just pressure wash it off and start over again. As I stated previously, farmers have used grease for years on machinery with minimal problems. Everyone just has to use what they are comfortable with.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #20
Member
 
mgargiullo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
I use motorcycle chain lube. It's designed to lubricate in the dirty open environment. Works great!
__________________

__________________
2017 GMC 3500 Denali HD
2010 Rockwood Signature 8316SS
mgargiullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.