Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #21

I'd like to know for those who used grease was there an audible noisy problem prior to applying the grease? And if so did it fix it?

I tried dry lubricant and also tried candle wax and neither one resolved my noisy jacks problem...
hayesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #22

I found that the majority of the noise on mine wasn't coming from the threaded parts, but from the 'thrust bearing'. Which was nothing more than a couple of large fender washers on my setup. It cut a huge amount of noise lubing those.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #23

My legs took a few tries to get moving and when did were groaning the whole way down. The far one woul not extend until the closest was down and pressure on it. After I Lithiumed the whole thing, they make no noise and come down at the same time. Where the leg goes into the channel when retracted is metal on metal so spray really helped. Short answer; noise before, no noise after
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote