Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #11
Same problem with our 30RKSS. We have nice kitchen with a 4 foot island. It would have been nice to have had an outlet on the island to plug something into. Currently it's a surge protector from under the living room window Velcro-ed to the underside of the counter top. It works well enough but the cord is ugly.

David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #12
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
About the only problem I have with the 2604 ws is no outlets in the kitchen ? Not sure what they were thinking when they wired it up.
I thought the same thing but finally found one on the under side of cabinet by the stove hood. Had the trailer a couple of months before i found it I was going to install one then chasing out wire found it . I do have the 2608ws if that really makes a difference.

Rockwood 2608WS

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel
2014 Rockwood 2608WS
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #13
Thank you Big Paul! I checked our 8289WS and sure enough there is one. I am a happy camper now!
Dkjones28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #14
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
How many things are you plugging in? We have that trailer and find the single outlet is plenty since we just run a coffee maker and a lamp for nighttime ambience.
Its not a matter of how many things to plug in the only outlet in the kitchen is on the counter by the entrance door which leaves the cord hanging down as you come in and with grand kids it would be very easy to catch the cord and upset what ever is plugged in, the only other ones are at the very back of the trailer with one by each chair.
I was hoping I could find another one somewhere but failed might also have been nice to at least have one by the table..
2014 Rockwood 2604 WS
Chev 4x4 2500 HD v8
tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #15
On my 2014 8289ws I wish they had put and outlet behind the sofa for the air mattress that came with it. Have to run cord to center island to plug in.
Hawksclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #16
The dedicated outlet for the air mattress is the one in the back left corner beside the left Lazyboy, isn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dtomstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #17
I use that one but also have one built into the end table by the recliner

Dkjones28 is offline   Reply With Quote

electric, electrical