Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #21

Mine is the exact opposite. My out door speakers are super loud. Inside is set to 8-10 and outside is set 3-4.
cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #22

We have the same issue with the low outside speaker volume on our 30WRKSS.

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #23

Speakers

The exterior speakers are smaller, I believe 3 inch, the interior are 4-5 inch. I believe this is done so your not blowing away your neighbor. You can always replace them with larger speakers if you desire.
Free Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #24

also. if you are good with wiring, it is easy to pull out unit, on the unit itself, it tells you what speakers are what, hook the exterior to the inside one and inside ones to exterior, if no change upgrade your outdoor speakers, if it is a change, could be because, this is a surround sound unit, and the front main speakers will always be louder, I dont have the exterior speakers, or else i would try it, good luck!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #25
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglelover View Post
The exterior speakers are much lower than the interior speakers.
Frank, same here. Apparent that this is by design. Niggly thing for us but a mixer would be nice so that one could vary the volume independently for A, B and C etc.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
Anacortesians

I wish outside speakers would be outlawed. If I'm out camping, I sure as hell don't want to listen to someone else's idea of "music" (unless it's baroque classical). If you want to listen to music outside, get an iPod. Don't inflict your listening preferences on anyone else.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp
I wish outside speakers would be outlawed. If I'm out camping, I sure as hell don't want to listen to someone else's idea of "music" (unless it's baroque classical). If you want to listen to music outside, get an iPod. Don't inflict your listening preferences on anyone else.
I sympathise with you but a very polite "could you turn your radio down" might help. If not I bet the cg host can take care of it.
Truly if a cg has a quiet time it should be off.
everyone's aloud to play what they chose to listen to .
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp
Agreed. Seems I always get the neighbor that has to play music all day long. I'm out to hear the peace and quiet of nature, not your music. I have never used the radio in our camper, let alone the outside speakers.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #29

I have no problem with anyone playing music as long as its not outrageously loud. I always have music on but it's never loud enough to hear at my neighbors camper.
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I sympathise with you but a very polite "could you turn your radio down" might help. If not I bet the cg host can take care of it.
Truly if a cg has a quiet time it should be off.
everyone's aloud to play what they chose to listen to .
Ron
I couldn't agree more.

Two weeks ago I had just this kind of conversation with a camping neighbor across the road who decided the campground wanted to listen to his truck's stereo at 9am. I went over at the DWs request and he knew exactly why I was walking over there. I asked him nicely to turn it down, which he did without a fuss. We had a nice chat after that.

This kind of stuff happens. A little communication goes a long way.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4srn View Post
Agreed. Seems I always get the neighbor that has to play music all day long. I'm out to hear the peace and quiet of nature, not your music. I have never used the radio in our camper, let alone the outside speakers.
Perhaps you two should be boondocking. I don't like loud music blaring from other sites but if people want to quietly listen to some tunes while they're sitting around relaxing then they can go right ahead.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #32

I think we have enough stupid Laws, as I did not choose to have the outside speakers, it is a choice, and as a cmper myself, I would put at a reasonable level, unless, I was alone with no fellow campers around! But really, outlaw, come on, if our Government hears about these ideas, soon camping will be outlawed, b/c of the enviroment or something! LOL..we have to lighten up, and we as cmpers, need to use commeon sense, thats all.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam

Perhaps you two should be boondocking. I don't like loud music blaring from other sites but if people want to quietly listen to some tunes while they're sitting around relaxing then they can go right ahead.
Last private campground I stayed neighbors turned music on at 8:00 then shortly after loaded up into golf cart and left for 4 hours with music still going. Gets annoying.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinwood
I think we have enough stupid Laws, as I did not choose to have the outside speakers, it is a choice, and as a cmper myself, I would put at a reasonable level, unless, I was alone with no fellow campers around! But really, outlaw, come on, if our Government hears about these ideas, soon camping will be outlawed, b/c of the enviroment or something! LOL..we have to lighten up, and we as cmpers, need to use commeon sense, thats all.
I'm just venting about how inconsiderate others can be. When I see how some people speed through parking lots and text while driving I wonder if there is any common sense left. Guess you can't fix stupid.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #35

I totally agree that the music should be kept low so that it can be heard in your camp only. Apparently some missed the point. That is the reason I would like to be able to adjust my outside speakers. So you can hear it outside without having it so loud in the inside.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4srn View Post
I'm just venting about how inconsiderate others can be. When I see how some people speed through parking lots and text while driving I wonder if there is any common sense left. Guess you can't fix stupid.
Yeah...Good point there..LOL
Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #37
Anacortesians

I'd be overjoyed if your exterior speakers failed altogether and you couldn't fix them no matter how much you spend.

When I'm in the outdoors, the last thing I want to hear is your idea of music. If you want to listen to music outdoors, use an iPod, so you don't inflict your noise on others.

When we get a particularly obnoxious "music" lover alongside, we crank up our stereo (inside) to its max and play Mozart, Bach and Handel while we have all the windows open. Doesn't take long before the rappers and other morons (enthusiasts for other musical genres?) get the message. They shut up and so do we.

In our area, 7-11 stores who had problems with undesirables congregating around the store, started playing opera CDs over the outside speakers. After a short time, all the yobs had fled.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #38

Lighten up Francis!
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #39
Mod free 5er

[QUOTE=F and E Damp;234538]I'd be overjoyed if your exterior speakers failed altogether and you couldn't fix them no matter how much you spend.
X2
When I'm in the outdoors, the last thing I want to hear is your idea of music. If you want to listen to music outdoors, use an iPod, so you don't inflict your noise on others.X2

When we get a particularly obnoxious "music" lover alongside, we crank up our stereo (inside) to its max and play Mozart, Bach and Handel while we have all the windows open. Doesn't take long before the rappers and other morons (enthusiasts for other musical genres?) get the message. They shut up and so do we...QUOTE]

Just wish DW would let me. Would love to blast them out with Tchaikovsky's Overture of 1812, Dvorak's Symphony no. 9 "From the New World" or Ravel's Bolero.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
phat phrog stunt crew

obnoxious "music" lover

where are you camping that nobody comes around and asks them to turn it down?
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote