Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #1

Failing front jack on windjammer 3001

We had a front electric jack just quit working, so I used the manual wrench provided and within four or five turns the whole thing colapsed, very unerving, any one else experience this,,,
jhamelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #2

Yes our (LCI) white,space alien looking,jack stopped working on the second week of our 2 month fall trip. No F/R dealerships near so we purchased a (Barker) jack and carried the (LCI) untill we returned home to go thru the warrenty process for replacement . When you hook & unhook every day while traveling it is no fun to crank up a trailer to set the (W/D) bars. Even if you have a class A (M/H) with toad there is hook & unhook involved when traveling. As a bonus I can lower the tailgate of the truck with the (Barker). I had to turn the (LCI) head to the side for tailgate use. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

My black LCI died this summer after 3 or 4 months of camping. My dealer said the gears were chewed up. We replaced under warranty with a Barker VIP.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #4

colapsing front jack

well not only did it fail , it let go and fell almost a foot, so hard it knocked the blinds off the wall, are there any better jacks out there?
jhamelin is offline   Reply With Quote