Old 08-26-2015, 10:02 PM   #11

Some of you have mentioned plastic blocks? Where exactly are these found and what do they look like? Would anyone have pictures? I have a 8329ss with three slides that squeal terribly during the last foot or so of travel (last foot travelling out and first foot to foot and a half going back in). Lubrication has not helped. Seems like it has to do with shifting of balance point. I have not seen the blocks referred to by others but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Ant suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Breimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #12

Lift up your carpet inside , the blocks are on the edge of the floor, white nylon or delran material.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimert View Post
Some of you have mentioned plastic blocks? Where exactly are these found and what do they look like? Would anyone have pictures? I have a 8329ss with three slides that squeal terribly during the last foot or so of travel (last foot travelling out and first foot to foot and a half going back in). Lubrication has not helped. Seems like it has to do with shifting of balance point. I have not seen the blocks referred to by others but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Ant suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
My 8289WS was doing the same squealing as you describe. Below are pictures of the wear blocks I installed, this took care of my squealing problem. I ordered from FR , it came in one strip that I cut and drilled. The slide has to be all the way out, lift the lip of the slide carpet at either end. You will see weather you have them or not. My dinette / entertainment slide never had any installed, the kitchen / sofa slide had them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	87049

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0566.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	87050

PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags