Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #31

Congrats on the new TT. Hope you have many happy trips in your future

Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #32

Good luck. We leave on Saturday the 10th on a 7 week, where-ever, trip. Going nroth till we hit I10, turning right and following our noses for 7 weeks.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #33

We just got back from our first trip. We stayed at a local state park about 25 mile away for 2 nights. The wife and I and the 2 dogs had a great time. We really love the layout of our 8265s. Tons of room and storage. We did get the reese sidewinder option because of our shortbed truck and it works great. We can't wait until our next trip in 3 weeks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	2369   Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	2370  
Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #34

Great looking pictures. I can hardly wait until we pick up our unit in May. Looking at your pictures I see that you put your upper awning arm at a 90 degree angle to your lower arm. I have been told not to do that incase of wind. I have been told that you can actually bend your lower arm. The awning is more structurally sound if the upper arm extends fully to the end of the awning. That's what I have been told from dealers and other campers. Thought you should know.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #35

I had set up the awning wrong at first, realizing that I fixed the problem later. There's a lot of stuff to learn being that we are first time RVers. You're going to be very happy when you get your rockwood. We ordered ours site unseen and we couldn't have made a better choice. The cherry cabinets and saddle interior we chose look great and the double slides create a hug living space.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #36
New to RV's, not camping

7 weeks huh? We ordered 1 about 2 weeks ago and were told it would take about 4-1/2 weeks. I guess we won't get our expectations set too high. Were you told it would take about 7 weeks?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #37

Explorer777: We to ordered ours about 2 weeks ago and our dealer said he called his rep and they said 8 weeks lead time.

Skylarcamp, over the years I'm sure you'll pick up some good advice about alot of things. Guessing from where you live, you won't need any advice on winterizing!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #38

Living down here in florida I hope there's no need for winterizing. Although, we did have one of the coldest winters I've seem in my 30 years living here. Waiting...waiting...We had to wait 7 1/2 weeks to get our Rockwood. It was worth the wait!!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #39
Now a "Top Member"

Great looking setup. I would normally be one to worry with the Titan pulling it, but it looks like it is doing just fine. We actually looked at that one and came close to buying it, but my wife wanted just a little bigger, and when we saw the layout of our Wildcat, she fell in love with it. I have to say I like it too. But you're right, those two slides in the rear make for so much room in a relatively small trailer, it is just amazing. Glad to see you out enjoying it!
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #40

Yo Skylarcaparini......nice Rockwood you got there PAL! Glad to see you were able to pull it with that Frontier, or is it a Titan...sorry bout that! What kind of park is that, I just see lots of concrete, makes me think of dang NYC!! You need to grab the wife, the dogs and pack that box up and head up north to the great state of Maine. We got lots of green for you to stretch out on. What do you call that fuzzy white dog of yours. Is that one of those doodle dogs. Think they call'em loopadoodles or something like that. You look pretty darned relaxed. Now that your officially an RV'er you'll see it gets pretty easy to set up camp the more times you roll. Bet you're lov'in those rear airbags you installed. They make the world of difference, especially on a small, light weight truck like that Frontier/Titan rig you got there. So, any big roadtrips heading north in your future??!!

Tags
rockwood