Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #41
I was wondering what you did to get put in the dog kennel? Do you have to wear shock collar too? Just kidding really looks like a great trip also i am jealous that you get to camp in florida all the time we only get to go there every couple of years. Enjoy your new camper keep posting those great pics

2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #42

Beautiful trailer. I love the colors.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #43
The "Titan" pulls just fine there Mav. We are heading north this summer, we'll be going up to Boone, N.C. in July. Maybe next year we can come up and visit you in Maine. We were there a few years ago, what a beautiful state!! Florida has a lot of state parks for camping but come the middle of the summer the best place to be is up north. It gets pretty hot down here. If the wife lets me out of the dog pen I can enjoy these camping trips more!!
skylarcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #44
We must have married the same type of woman as I'm always in the dog pen...or is it the dog house! The furthest south I've been is Portland, ME. Been up here my entire life. Guess that's why I'm so darn crabby! You younger guys like those import trucks. Me, I'm happy with my big old 8 cylinder Ford. Just be careful pulling that Rockwood when she's all loaded up as it takes some getting used to. Those airbags can be real helpful to offset the extra load. Enjoy your new hobby Mr. Skylarcamparini!!
Mav Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #45
Skylarcamp, great looking trailer you got there. Love the new graphics. Don't let the "Got To Have A Big Truck" crowd discourage you. We tow our '08 8265S with a '06 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab. and it does fine. All I've done to the truck is install a set of Timbrens. I'm probably over the GVWR a little but not enough for me to go out and buy a new 2500 truck. Plus, I have to use my truck as a daily driver, and I would much rather drive a 1/2 ton as a daily driver. Good luck, and enjoy your new trailer.
2008 Rockwood 8265S
2006 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab LT w/5.3V8 & Tow Pkg.
CamperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #46
Thanks, Camperfan!! We're happy with our setup. The Titan tows just fine. I installed a set of Firestone airbags the week before we picked up our 5er. They level the truck with just a little air and the ride is smooth. The only thing I'm not happy with are the standard load tires I have. I'll probably up grade those soon.

skylarcamp is offline   Reply With Quote