Old 03-31-2016, 08:05 PM   #21
Originally Posted by rocky4765 View Post
This is a question for any owner of a Rockwood 8289 ws. We bought ours new last summer and have had nothing but problems with our A/C. It seems that whenever outside air temp exceeds 88 the A/C cannot keep up and the unit ices up and stops cooling. A/C output is same as outside temp. We had a mobile RV repair come out and take a look at it and they found that it was drawing only 6.9 amps instead of the 11.5 amps. This is the third time this has happened. We have had numerous problems. It all started on our first trip. Our batteries did not charge while we were hooked up to shore power. Dealer found that the converter was wired incorrectly, they fixed that. Various trim pieces on the slider have come loose. Seems the staples they used are too short and barely stick into the surface they are attached to. Has anybody had A/C problems like this. The unit is a Coleman.

We had a 2014 8289ws and just traded it for a 8299bs. We had the 8289ws out last summer and had issues with the converter as well. Took a bit to track it down. We found that the main power wire in the fuse box was never tightened down from the factory. We lost the tv in the living room and the fireplace. I don't know if they are related but I strongly suspect it was. We had 2 airs on the camper and cooling was never a problem. The sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom had staple problems and the "door knob" thingy came loose and had to be adjusted. The slide trim and cabinets in our new unit looks much more "rich" then the old. Oh, I almost forgot...we noticed the wallpaper on the bedroom ceiling was starting to come off.

KathyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #22
Park mine in the backyard. Little tight but fits perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459569022455.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	103605   Click image for larger version

Name:	1459569079941.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	103606  

duramaxlbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:56 PM   #23
Pull it with my 06 duramax. Does even know it's behind it. We love our 2016 8289ws. It's our 2nd forest river product.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1459569316802.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	103607  
duramaxlbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #24
Hmmm... I can't picture how the breakaway cable can move and get snagged like that IF the Revolution is properly activated. On my Rockwood with the Revolution activated, the breakaway switch, which is screwed to the side of the pinbox, does not move with respect to the hitch or bed because the pinbox does not move. Thus the cable does not move - it just lays there hanging between the switch and the slot on the left end of the back rail where I clip it. Have they moved the breakaway switch up to the camper body so it moves?

About the kitchen slide cable arm... yes, mine broke at the outside end too. Probably a lot of people have broken ones and don't know it unless they get curious about the low-hanging cable bundles. The way its attached is problematic because they just drive a few screws through it into the square post at the slideout side end. Then, there's too much stress on the plastic due to the flexing at that point and the heavy load it carries. I just told my service manager about it, sent pictures and he ordered me a new one (free under the second-year warranty). In the meantime, I fixed the original by trimming it square and using a stainless steel piano hinge to attach to the post so there is now no bending stress (just the stress of the weight of the cables but its well distributed via clamping with multiple bolts and washers). I replaced all the cable hangers at the same time because about half of them were broken due to the heavy load and cheap design (the few they sent with the replacement arm were the same type and useless because you'd have to disconnect the lines to use them). You may have to do the same eventually and here's that thread for reference.
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #25
"Can you friggin believe it? The trailer deadman switch had pulled out!
When the rig made a tight turn, there was enough redundancy in the cable that allowed it to loop under the foot of the 5th wheel hitch and pull out when the rig straightened out after the turn"...

We took delivery of our 8528IKWS (Flagstaff version of your 5er) last fall and went immediately to a local campground for a maiden run. Backing into our site the breakaway cable snagged the hitch like yours did and locked the brakes. Wazzup wit dat! Found the issue quickly so it was not a problem and we enjoyed the adventure.

What I do now is wrap the cable once around the hitch release arm/lever before anchoring it with the locking pin. No problems since.

edit - Forgot to add that this happened before I enabled the Revolution pin box to swivel at the turret.
2016 Flagstaff 8528IKWS Diamond Pkg.
2016 F-250 Lariat CC SRW PSD 4x4
USMC Fighter Pilot (Ret)
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #26
We have the same unit. No issues with the break away cable.
Mine, I hook on the handle for my 5th wheel lock/unlock and have never had a problem.
I have the revolution pin box also.
Mark B
2015 32 Foot Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2013 Chevy 3/4 Ton TV
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #27
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459636449436.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	103691

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote