First outing in our new 8329SS
Took delivery of our 8329SS on Thursday afternoon, after almost 8 weeks of waiting for it to be built. Stayed up till about 10:30pm loading most of our gear in it after the trip home.
Drove to a nearby campground on Friday after work.
I could not bring myself to even hook up city water with the factory water filter installed, after reading threads of it coming apart. Removed a few screws, added a 1/2" pvc coupling and a hose clamp and it was gone.
We brought along a take and bake pizza but had to wait about 30min for the smoke to clear on the newly fired oven. Fortunately we had ordered a second create-a-breeze fan in the kitchen, and opening windows at both ends of the trailer and running both fans kept it removed.
Friday evening I kept a careful eye on the plumbing as we pressurized it for the first time, and Saturday made sure to check everything out I didn't have time for the night before.
Only one small issue so far, I currently only have one vent uncovered (rearmost one) and planned to put another fantastic fan cover on it to match the other two. Thought I'd pull one of the others to make sure I liked how it was attached but when I did, the rear of the cover was stuck to the caulking around the vent. I'm guessing it was still too soft and I'll probably need to get some more, remove the factory covers and wait for the caulk to firm up and then re-install.
Other than that we had a great first weekend, everything seems assembled well and all systems are working fine. Pics to follow.
2017 Open Range - Light 297RLS, BX1 Gooseneck
1997 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD LB 4x4