Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Mav, The Titans and Tundras are just as capable of towing what the Big 3 1/2 ton pickups can handle. Both trucks offer beefy V8s.

skylarcamp, be careful with the weights with that new Rockwood. The Forest River website lists 977 lbs. as the dry hitch weight, and it will probably only go up from there. If I put that puppy on the back of my F150, I would have to leave the wife and dog at home to keep under my GVWR.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #22

i use to tow my 8265 with my 1/2 chevy and it handled just fine with plenty of power i had the 4.8 i only upgraded trucks casue gas milage sucks
2010 Keystone Laredo 310RE 5th wheel "sold"
2015 Georgetown 351 "sold"
2016 Coachmen Sportscoach 404RB
mack1roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #23

Thanks for the info, I thought I was going to have to leave my wife at home. I've done some checking around and found out that titans do a pretty good job, although in hilly terrain I may not win any races. It does have the 5.6 v8 with the tow package which works great with our heavy boat.
skylarcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #24

It' funny how things get off track, from a/c up grade to tow vehicles on the same post.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #25

Thumbs down

This is true!! But everybody has been very helpful and I really appreciate it. Although I have to admit my wife thinks that guy from Maine is a little creepy! ;-) Sorry Mav, just send us some lobsters! Anyway , we just ordered our 8265 and we are very excited. Let's keep this post going and see how far we can keep off track!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarcamp View Post
This is true!! But everybody has been very helpful and I really appreciate it. Although I have to admit my wife thinks that guy from Maine is a little creepy! ;-) Sorry Mav, just send us some lobsters! Anyway , we just ordered our 8265 and we are very excited. Let's keep this post going and see how far we can keep off track!
That's true, that's what we are here for to help and to be helped. Happy camping and good luck with your new toy when you get it and don't forget to post some pic.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #27

Sorry you had to give me a thumbs down, didn't realize the humor would be offensive.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #28

Thanks Rockwood06!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #29

Smile

Oh boy, hope I didn't piss anyone off as well. Being from Maine the cold weather sometimes makes me a bit goofy. No bad intentions, just trying to help out a Floridain and add some humor. I love the RV community and this board has some great members. Congrats on the purchase of that Rockwood, they make a real nice UNIT.
BTW, my wife thinks I'm a bit creepy too. Didn't stop her from marrying me 39 years ago. That crazy woman keeps me on my toes. Oops, a bit off topic. Okay you guys and gals. Please keep smiling and enjoy. Skylarcamparini you be sure to post some photos of that rig once she's yours.
Mav Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #30

Skylarcamp and Mav Malin, If you talking to me because of post #24 you both have it wrong as to how I fell, no one is piss off and I did not give anyone a thumbs down. Skylarcamp, I sent you a PM explaining that everything was ok, but I guess you didn't get it.
This kind of thing happens now and then when one member starts a thread and then the next thing you know It gets off track, but it's not a big deal, I just wanted to bring It to light. There are a lot of new members on the Forum and that's great you all come with new Ideas and plans of one kind or another and I personally like that. So please if I gave the wrong impression with my post (#24) I am sorry It was taken the wrong way.
I am a member like most everyone else, but there is one thing I would like to bring up and this has been said before by other members on the high end and this should be stated on a new thread. ....To new members, we know with being new you all are trying to learn the ropes of the Forest River Forum as us old folks have...... Something to look for before replying to a thread, #1 look at how many times the post has been viewed, a large viewing may indicated that the thread is old, #2 then go back to the first posting of that thread and look up at the date on the left hand side at the top to see when it was first posted, then compare it the the last post, I would say if there is a two week gap then you may want to start a new thread so your post will be read by more members.
Please don't take this wrong, I am just trying to help....... Enjoy the Forum, there are a lot of great members here full of info to share.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #31

As a new member to this forum your advise is greatly appreciated. No hard feelings. As soon as I get deleivery I'll post some pics. Thanks again!!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #32

Good man that Rockwood 06. No worries folks.....all's good! Let's end this thread as I think Skylarcamparini got all his requested info. Happy trails everyone!!
Mav Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #33

I would get the large AC, it does not weight that much more
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #34

Placed our order almost 4 weeks ago, we should have our new home sometime in the next 3 weeks, with our 15K A/C.

Tags
rockwood