Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #1

First trip in our 2012 Rockwood 3001W

We just returned after a six day trip to Mission Bay in San Diego. After reading the numerous problems encountered by many on this forum I really had no idea what to expect so I took along many additional tools.
I am very pleased to state that I only encountered one problem and that was a complete lack of 110 power upon hooking everything up. Glad to say it was user error as we forgot to turn on the main breaker in the electrical box. Other than that we encountered no problems while towing or during our stay. Actually, everything worked flawlessly including the inflatable bed which proved to be very comfortable. We thought it was more comfortable than the primary bed so we traded with the grand kids.
Hopefully everything will continue to function without problems.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #2

Glad you had a great time! It's great to hear of problemless trips instead of our normal problems. enjoy it all!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
Site Team

On my first two trips in my unit I encountered the same microwave problem whick turned out to be "user error" too so I can relate.

Do you have any other trips planned? The weather was great today and suppose to be 83 tomorrow - wished I was out camping right now.

I just noticed that we live in the same general area (IE). Do you mind telling me about the campground in SD?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #4

It is "Campland on the Bay" which is right on the water of Mission Bay. About 2.5 miles from Sea World. Very nice place.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote