Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #41
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Y'all are killing me. Its bad enough to damage our beloved Rv's, but to lose a cherished furry member is more then I can take.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #42

We are home from the worst first trip ever. Thanks for all the comments everyone! Where would be the best place to look for dometic awning arm parts. My deal said they could only order the whole are assembly? I need a black piece that mounts to the trailer with rivets and the outer black arm. Thanks again!!!!!
Fl-diamond8312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #43
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-diamond8312 View Post
We are home from the worst first trip ever. Thanks for all the comments everyone! Where would be the best place to look for dometic awning arm parts. My deal said they could only order the whole are assembly? I need a black piece that mounts to the trailer with rivets and the outer black arm. Thanks again!!!!!
Another person searching for a new dealer...

eDometic Service Parts by MFG No./Model

Parts available here for Dometic awnings
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-diamond8312 View Post
Well our first trip in our new 8312ss isn't going as we hoped. First as we pulled out of the yard the rear awning arm clipped the fence and ripped off. As I was removing pieces to get the trailer off the fence, I took the spring load bolt out not realizing and the end cap spun around breaking my thumb. After ex ray and some splints, oh ya and strapping the rest of the awning up we were on the road.
OMG! And you hadn't even left the driveway!!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #45

So sorry to read about your trip and loss of your Fur Kid. As far as the awning parts, my friend checked w CW and they had a load of parts in the back of the service dept and let him get what he needed. Just a small charge for "bulk AL" and all was good. He/we fixed is awning roller which and bent in two after a tree limb crashed into it while camping at Jekyl Is in SC last summer. We jury-rigged it to get it home then made repairs. $35 or so and a new one was $160 + shipping ($75 more).
Get back into the groove and then check for a "pound puppy", usually the best ones are what someone else didn't want.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #46

Looks like I have to order the whole left arm assembly part number 3312847.022U. Thanks .
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #47

Wait until you hook the freshwater hose up to the black water flush and walk away. You will never forget the sound of your black water tank liquids bubbling up your outdoor kitchen sink and then water falling out of the outdoor kitchen. If you’re lucky you won't catch it fast enough and it will back up into your rear bunk house! (My 1st trip out with the 8312ss.) My old Keystone Zeppelins freshwater hookup is in the same place as the 8312ss's black water hookup! I look back and laugh now, I also painted the plug red!
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #48

Really sorry about loosing your pet, we lost our Yorkie last November and miss her every day.

My first trip was pretty uneventful until I got in the shower and after adjusting the water temp and wetting down; I turned off the water, and loaded up on shampoo.
Reset the water and nothing out of the shower head. Played around and thought ok it must be clogged. Tried to rinse off with head under the tub nozzle, and climbed out soaking wet to get a pair of pliers. Cleaned the head and reinstalled, everything works fine, only later on did I discover the shut off disc built in to the shower head. Still embarrassed about my ignorance.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMT View Post
Wait until you hook the freshwater hose up to the black water flush and walk away. You will never forget the sound of your black water tank liquids bubbling up your outdoor kitchen sink and then water falling out of the outdoor kitchen. If you’re lucky you won't catch it fast enough and it will back up into your rear bunk house! (My 1st trip out with the 8312ss.) My old Keystone Zeppelins freshwater hookup is in the same place as the 8312ss's black water hookup! I look back and laugh now, I also painted the plug red!
I did this but realized it as soon as the wife said there was no water at the sink. Thank God, that would have been one more thing for the list.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
BEST advice seen regarding GT3/ZX800/ZX700/ZX690 remotes that "don't work"
Very, very rarely does this remote not work. 99.9% of the time this advice solves the operation issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles. As to your remote, there is a button labeled genesis or ZX800 or GT-3.0 beside the volume buttons on the remote. Try pushing that button, then any of the others on the remote.
Funny story happened last week, my tech comes in says, "your gonna love this." of course I say, "no I won't" and he throws me a brand new GT3 remote and says, "Tell me why this does not work."

I open the battery compartment and see someone took the factory supplied batteries that are shrink wrapped together and instead of taking them out of the package and inserting correctly, they forced the batteries still wrapped together into the battery compartment.

While I did not "love it" I did laugh out loud.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #51
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lol that's funny Bob!
Did he get a size 10 in the rear on the way out?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #52
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Naw, he made me laugh!
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote