Old 07-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #11

2604ws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Paul View Post
I have the 2608ws difference ws is in rear. Had same problem as pashooter with fuse blowing several times found the problem on the circuit breaker near the back stabilizer fuse kept blowing because the wire was loose on the circuit breaker. Found it my self and fixed. Found other problems and just fixed myself one was the wire going to slide lights was getting crimped because of the way they routed the wire. Their is a lack if QC at the factory but other than that TT is ok so far had since late February 14

Rockwood 2608WS
Paul
Our problem is the flooring . the whole floor from the kitchen sink to the shower is sinking about 2 in . the dealer said it is to much for them to repair , the factory wants to keep it two or more months to rebuild the entire unit . we had a 45-60 day trip planned for 1aug14 , so this is not acceptable to us . the unit is a 2014 bought new in nov13 . we have ask for a new unit , but FR said they had to be able to attempt to repair ours before they could give us a new one . even the warranty clerk said it would never be the same if rebuilt ?? so , not sure what our next step is , have a meeting with dealer on monday 28jul14 . see what happens . Al

Old 07-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Cat and Kitten View Post
Our problem is the flooring . the whole floor from the kitchen sink to the shower is sinking about 2 in . the dealer said it is to much for them to repair , the factory wants to keep it two or more months to rebuild the entire unit . we had a 45-60 day trip planned for 1aug14 , so this is not acceptable to us . the unit is a 2014 bought new in nov13 . we have ask for a new unit , but FR said they had to be able to attempt to repair ours before they could give us a new one . even the warranty clerk said it would never be the same if rebuilt ?? so , not sure what our next step is , have a meeting with dealer on monday 28jul14 . see what happens . Al
I hope it all works out for you, please keep us updated on the out come...

Old 07-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #13

Quote:
I totally agree with the (Warranty Clerk?) it will be (Better Than NEW)! You should be able to work out the time span for repair with the (Factory). Good luck Youroo!!
Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Its a little bigger than our other trailer but seems to tow nicely
No problems so far other than a small leak from the shower and the rear power jacks are not working.
I got this. My 2604WS had both problems. The shower leak is the seal between the glass and the bottom trim. Fixed with a bead of silicone bathroom caulk.
The jack is probably the victim of water ingress. Pull the black sleeve off and check for rust. I took the screws holding the motor on out, took the motor off and dumped about a teaspoon of water out. FR sent me a new motor.
I also replaced the jack fuse with an auto-reset circuit breaker. If you don't catch the jacks at the top of their retract and they seat against the rails, an overload blows the fuse.
Now check your power jack head. If you have a plug on top (with a cute bubble level), remove it and check for a rubber O-ring. If it's not there, replacing that motor is next. FR sent me a whole new jack and didn't want the old one back because of the missing O-ring and the water logged motor that resulted. I bought a jack head cover from CW as insurance.
Next, get the serial number from your toilet. Dometic supplied a defective toilet for these units. It traps effluents and results in an intermittant toilet odor that'll drive you crazy trying to pin down. Your dealer can get you a new one if your serial number is in the stinky potty range.
Let me know if anything else pops up. We have 6000 miles on ours since May of 2013 and have eveything running smoothly so far.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #15

update

Quote:
I hope it all works out for you, please keep us updated on the out come...
Well , our unit is on the way to Indiana to have the whole floor replaced . factory rep came to dealer and they tried a "fix" there . rep would not accept and sent unit to factory for total rebuild . guess we will have a like new unit after all . hope ya'll have a Blessed week . Al
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Well , our unit is on the way to Indiana to have the whole floor replaced . factory rep came to dealer and they tried a "fix" there . rep would not accept and sent unit to factory for total rebuild . guess we will have a like new unit after all . hope ya'll have a Blessed week . Al
well I guess that's good news other than not having the trailer for a while...
Old 08-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #17

2604WS finally home

Well , after 2 months at the factory , we got our unit back . Factory did a decent job replacing the floor , even replaced the linoleum . Looks good and does not sink when walked on . only negative thing , the clear coat / gel coat
finish on both sides of TT at front is all scratched up . and on the road side front the filler down the corner molding is filled in with silicon instead of original seal . FR would not help with lost funds of deposits we had made for pre arranged trips , or reimbursement for wear and tear and tire wear of over 2400 miles of towing , that we did not get to enjoy . thanks for listening . have a Blessed holiday weekend . Al
Old 09-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #18

First Post- Just purchased a 2014 Rockwood 2604 WS. Just finished our first trip and we're very happy with the trailer. Construction quality and features are in line with the price point and better than most we looked at. Like others, I felt the need for more power outlets so I added one just to the rear of the stove hood (tapped power from micro wave plug) and added another just to the left of the drop down door containing the TV outlet where I tapped in to get power. Added a coat rack (wood with 4 pegs) on the wall behind the rear door. Screwed a power strip to the back of the small table/lamp between the chairs at the rear wall. Also installed an amplified HDTV Jack brand antenna to replace the standard wing type. I'll let you know how it works after our next trip.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 AM   #19

All those sound like useful mods, wbdavey. Interested in how you attached the coat rack to the wall, as I've been thinking of doing the same thing to mine.

Only mods I've done to my Flagstaff thus far is to install LED lights inside the two front lower compartments and the addition of a Red Devil built-in vac in the curbside compartment with the outlet just inside by the bed.

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2017: 3
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #20

awning support

Quote:
One question I do have is the awning seems to be awfully long for no support in the middle?
Hello Tugger: We purchased a 2011 2604 new and also thought the awning was quite long to have no center support. Had dealer install center support bracket on trailer. Not sure of the number but it is just a small bracket that supports awning when it is rolled up. The installation was quick and the cost was reasonable. Works fine for the last several years. I did find the product I.D. Carefree product #-care-00512001 white bracket about $46.00 hope this helps Blaze67

Tags