Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #1

First trip with 2604ws

Its a little bigger than our other trailer but seems to tow nicely
No problems so far other than a small leak from the shower and the rear power jacks are not working.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #2

Nice TT... I predict you're going to love it! I have a 2014 Flagstaff 26RLWS; same exact trailer, different name. First time out as I was preparing to tow the rear electric stabilizer quit on me too... I subsequently found the front one was also kaput (I'd raised those jacks first). 'Twas a 20A fuse in the power distribution panel... an easy fix once I got home and diagnosed the problem. Cranked the jacks up and down by hand on that first trip - been fine ever since.

Where is the leak in the shower occurring? Curious to know so I can keep an eye on mine.

Word to the wise - always make sure your TV is stowed as far back against the wall as possible before retracting, or especially extending the main slide. Don't ask me how I know this is important... let's just say it's possible for the TV to work its way out in transit... don't hit that switch to extend until you're sure it's clear of the trim around the slide.

Other than a few shakedown hiccups we're loving our Flagstaff. BTW - was looking for a Rockwood 2604 when I came across a screamin' deal on the Flagstaff and learned it was the exact same unit.

Happy camping!

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2017: 3
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Its a little bigger than our other trailer but seems to tow nicely
No problems so far other than a small leak from the shower and the rear power jacks are not working.

Congratulations on the Rockwood 2604. It is a great trailer, with a very nice layout. We owned one for about a year...used it over 100 nights in that year, then traded for a bigger model, but still a Rockwood.

Enjoy yours!
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #4

Just spent the last seven days in ours and love it so far
The shower leak I am not sure about as it only leaked the once, I think maybe just around the bottom of the door as it hasn't leaked again.
I have been very careful when closing and opening the slides as the dealer did a great job at making us aware of the potential hazards of not double checking........
The rear jacks I am not sure what is going on there as the motor turns but they don't lower so I am thinking maybe they have a shear pin of some type ? They haven't worked since day one but is covered under warranty and we were leaving the day we picked it up. A trip to the dealer first of next week will fix that.
Other than that we had no problems other than the lack of power outlets in this trailer, not sure if FR was just trying to save money or just over looked when designed
Old 07-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #5

One question I do have is the awning seems to be awfully long for no support in the middle?
Old 07-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #6

Glad the shower leak doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem. Mine doesn't leak, but I do notice that that water seems to collect on the inside of the door, then it piddles on the floor when opened. I got a squeege that I use to wipe down the whole shower when done which gets most of it, then have a floor mat down to catch the little bit that still drips off once the door is opened.

Your rear jack problem is clearly not a fuse as mine was... no doubt the dealer will take care of that when you can get the TT back to them.

It is a WIDE awning, isn't it? I haven't had any issues with mine the few times I've used it so far, but do plan to install a set of Old Coot's hold downs when I get a chance which should make things more secure.

Glad you love yours so far... so do we. :-)

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2017: 3
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

shower & rear jacks

we , too , have a 2604WS . love the unit . our shower problem was the floor in front of the shower gives enough that the water runs between the shower door frame and the shower tub . our jacks , would go down , but would not stabilize the trailer , they seemed to give and rock back and forth on their shaft . Question time - has anyone had problems with soft floors from the galley area into the bath ?? ours give almost two inches when standing in front of the sink . just curious , it is at the selling dealers at this time for investigation of problem . thanks , have a Blessed weekend . Al
Old 07-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #8

No problems with our floor that we have noticed so far.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #9

I have the 2608ws difference ws is in rear. Had same problem as pashooter with fuse blowing several times found the problem on the circuit breaker near the back stabilizer fuse kept blowing because the wire was loose on the circuit breaker. Found it my self and fixed. Found other problems and just fixed myself one was the wire going to slide lights was getting crimped because of the way they routed the wire. Their is a lack if QC at the factory but other than that TT is ok so far had since late February 14

Rockwood 2608WS
Paul
Old 07-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #10

We have the 2703ws and the only major problem is the shower leak. Leaks against the wall between the shower and closet. Also had one on the other side between the shower and the vanity. Seems to depend on which way the trailer leans. Dealer has tried and will try again when we return for Maine. I have plastic taped around the bottom trying to determine where its coming from. I think the doors and walls need to be taken off, checked and remounted.
Do yourself a favor and move the slide controllers to where they can be reached if the slides stick in, and remove all the false walls hiding the mess so you can see where stuff is.

Tags