Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #1

Forest River 2nd year warranty

I have read a lot about the warranty extension for your second year, and have also read on this form that it has to be done within 10 day's of purchase. I picked up my Rookwood 8289 WS in Feb. of 2012. As with most dealers they do not tell you about this,( they get no monies for selling it) or I'm sure people would opt to get it at $150.00 the cost FR factory offers. If something is going to break because of a poor product or bad workmanship I would think it will happen in that 2 year time frame. To make along story short, I have to give FR a thumbs up. I called yesterday and was able to get my 2nd year warranty even that my unit is now 5mos old. They were very nice and in a matter of an hour I was covered. Either I was lucky or FR just wants their customers happy and not have to worry about break downs and use their TT/ to enjoy yourself. They did not have to do that, but a big thumbs up to them for standing behind the customer / product.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Glad it worked out for you. I'm not surprised because I brought my TT in September and got the second year warranty in May.

I don't know if I will get the whole $150 value out of it but for peace of mind I sure well!

For me Forest River has been a good company to do business with - I have no complaints.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #3

We recently purchased a Rockwood 8280WS and where told about the extra year warranty, which we took. I must say the dealer did try to push a much more extensive (and expensive) warranty which we declined but at least they told us about the factory warranty... I guess we should give them points for that!!

Now, I just hope we don't have to use it!
cachencouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #4

Hey gljurczyk, who at FR did you talk too and do you have a number for them. We bought our TT in June and pretty much forgot about the second year.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #5

Glad you were able to get it, we bought it, and it has been well worth it.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #6

Road king, I called the main FR # and asked for the warrenty dept. I explained to them "as I said I was not offered this" and I had no paper work in my packet from the dealer about this offer. I talked to Sherry Hoover who signed my contract, and she emailed it to me and paid over the phone.......Good Luck
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #7

Thanks for the thread as I didn't even know about a 2d year warranty. After 2+ weeks I might need to find a new dealer to fix a drawer that won't stay closed, so I'm not sure it would help here in MD.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #8

Thanks to you folks in this thread... I opted for the extended warranty. Dealer didn't say anything so I called FR today and spoke to Carmen who transferred me to Pam. Pam didn't have any paperwork on my purchase but took my information, welcomed me to the FR family and assured me my second year would be activated with no issues. She is sending the papers in the mail.

Very nice, polite and professional.

Andy H.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Paul & Sheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachencouple View Post
We recently purchased a Rockwood 8280WS and where told about the extra year warranty, which we took. I must say the dealer did try to push a much more extensive (and expensive) warranty which we declined but at least they told us about the factory warranty... I guess we should give them points for that!!

Now, I just hope we don't have to use it!
I actually took one of those more extensive and expensive third party policies. It's a come to you for repairs, $150 deductible, covers everything types but more importantly, 7 years coverage. It was about $250 a year up front. A little peace of mind a ways down the road when the risk of breakdown is greater.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote