Old 07-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Yes, that's what spurred my question. They would have had to make other mods inside, too. Seems the bed would be in the way of getting a wheel chair in via the current door location; and I'm sure a Murphy bed would be out of the question. I'm guessing it's a totally modified design, and calling it anything, let alone a 2109S, is probably a misnomer. Maybe a 210X??
I don't know.... seems to me if you rotate the fridge 90degrees counter clockwise, do away with the wardrobe by the door, and slide the counters, sink, etc toward the back of the unit, it would be pretty close to the same floorplan and should easily accommodate that door and enough open space for a wheel chair between the cabinets and bed.

Agree though that FR being willing to step outside their box, engineer it, and send it through production reflects well on their ability to adapt as well as their desire to please the customer. Kudos to them.

foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:40 PM   #12
Good for Forest River. I'm sure there is a market for those with special physical needs. I have seen a toy hauler mfg. that has a unit made especially for wheelchairs and many other mods. It would be great if others would put out a model and ask those of us with various limitations what we would need.

greatblue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #13
World Wide Wanderer
Born Free makes a line of Handicap accessible Class C motor homes.

There are a several units out there on the market, but you really have to search for them. I suspect as the general public ages there may be more units hitting the market. One of our requirements was a reasonably low entry height with grab handles. We were looking at trailers, unfortunately most of the larger units are 24"-32" in the air due to the design. Lance and Airstream are two notable exceptions.

Very nice job by FR to accommodate someone.

Aaron & Rhonda
wahoonc & Airangel60

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

210, 2109s, roo, modifications