I purchased my X-Lite used in 2014 and last summer I decided that it was time to start refinishing the frame due to the same rusting, bubbling, flaking issues that you all have noted. For test purposes, I did the A-frame from the front cross member to the hitch. I used a wire brush cup on an angle grinder and removed as much of the loose paint and rust as possible on all four sides including the battery support tray, propane tank tray and WD hitch brackets. I then primed with a rust converter (I believe it was a Rust Check product) and after washing with water and allowing to dry, brushed on two coats of semi-gloss black Tremclad allowing a day to dry between each coat. I was very pleased with the results last summer and when I checked it a few weeks ago, it still looks great
. My plan is to continue with the remaining frame this summer now that I know my methodology works. And yes, I have a LCI frame FWIW.