Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #1

Front 5th Wheel Skirt

We just had our orientation on our 2010 Rockwood 8280SS 5th wheel at the dealer yesterday. We had a Coleman Tent Trailer before and this is quite a move up in comfort. We are slightly overwhelmed by the experience. I am now facing a new learning curve with this trailer. We took every warranty package the dealer offered and the trailer is good for 7 - 10 years. DW doesn't want to buy another trailer for at least 10 years.

We took our camera's, tape measures and reams of questions during the orientation and the dealer rep was very patient and helpful. We forgot to take the measurement for a 5th wheel skirt at the front of the trailer. Does anyone on this board have a skirt on their trailer and what are the dimensions L x W x H. A universal fit on an RV site states between 62" and 64" in height, I would expect it to be 96" across the front but we need the length from the trailer body under the bed area on the 5th. DW is a wiz with sewing and we have a chance at getting some HD vinyl at a greatly reduced rate to make our own, but the sale ends April 25/10.

Thanks in advance

Camping 2012: 40 nights
wakamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #2

I did research on line and since noone has answered this question, we are making a guesstimate of the size we want. Final measurements will be had on May 3rd when we pickup the new trailer. According to various web sites which sell the skirt, we are looking at something that is between 62" and 65" in height, and one of three different lenghts of 236", 266" or 296". We got some really nice plastic like weave fabric to make the skirt. We will attach it with industrial strength velcro so as not to damage the trailer gelcoat.

Camping 2012: 40 nights
wakamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Newb

I have no idea, since we don't have a 5er, but could you call the dealer for dimensions? They could get it exact for you, i'm sure.

Enjoy your new toy!
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, rockwood