Old 05-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #11
You may want to read the following threads. Some of us have figured out it has to do with the sail switch, vent covers, battery power, and/or elevation.

Furnace in Roo 233s

Roo 17 - Furnace Problems - Shuts Off After 10-12 Seconds - No Ignition

Rockwood Mini 2306 furnace - wont light without cover being open

Hope this helps!

2015 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel
10k Equalizer Hitch
jhoppmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #12
I has a similar problem. I reset the thermostat and all was back to normal. You just might want to try that first.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 251rks
2013 Chevy Black Diamond Avalanche

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:09 PM   #13
Originally Posted by tdidad View Post
OK here are the specs for my furnace:
Make, Suburban
Model, NT-30SP

Sometimes the fan runs for 5-10 seconds then shuts down. I do hear it start then after 30 seconds or so a click and heat begins to flow. Most of the time though the fan runs for about 30 seconds and the system shuts down😡😡
Is the RV unit plugged into 110 volt shore power or just on battery? Furnace needs 12 V DC to control board. It will operate down to 9.5 volts but not any lower. From what you are describing it sound like the furnace is having intermittent prof of ignition problem. When the pilot in the furnace lite's with the spark ignition the pilot flame is in contact with a flame rod the control board passes a small DC current though the flame to prove the pilot gas is burning. If it dose not see the DC current in less than 5 sec. it will shut the gas off and shut the fan down. after 30 sec. it will try to lite again and will do this 3 times and lock out the furnace if it dose not light. The only way to reset the furnace if this happens is to turn the heat off at the thermostat to cycle the 12 V DC power to start the furnace. In short it sound like you have a pilot ignition problem. If you don't have a good working knowledge of propane don't play with it. If the dealer you have can't fix it take it to an other dealer or call Suburban for a dealer near you that is a factory rep.

Hope This Helped Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
Thank you all, great info on this forum. Going to check the furnace this wknd. and will report my findings early next week.
'14 8289WS
F250 Power Stroke Diesel
tdidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #15
you can go off of others threads and solutions for a good place to start and trace but do not think the answer for every furnace problem is always the sail-switch or
altitude . you need to verify all for yourself .your safety and family's is at stake

northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, furnace