Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #21
The 2010 Rockwoods attach as is stated by a rail. The propane connector is just underneath the Bar-B-Q and is on an extendable hose of 36" behind a mouse hole. The unit comes apart and will fit in the truck on our 5th wheel model 8280SS. Had it demonstrated today at the dealer Hope the picture worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	2399  

2009 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel
2010 Rockwood 8280SS

Camping 2012: 40 nights
wakamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
We used our SideKick grill for the first time 2 weeks ago while at a KOA. Yes, its not the highest quality grill money can buy, but suits its purpose. I was cooking some really fatty burgers the first night and had something just short of a small pyrotechnic display going on with the grease flare ups. I felt the side wall of the camper behind the grill and the awning and all was normal, no concerns with the heat. Real easy to put up and take down, cleans up fairly easy as well.

For those who would rather grill on a table top, this grill can easily convert to this as well. Just turn the mounting rack over on a table top and the grill has alternate slots that will fit onto the mounting bars. All you need then is to purchase the regulator adapter for hooking up to a 1-lb propane cylinder. I just ordered mine yesterday along with a storage bag from the manufacturer.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #23
we use our side kick all the time next to rv and no problems. Usually for brats and hamburgers. Only problem is cleaning out the grease. But the best use is to set a big skillet on it and cook pancakes. Very even temp makes it way better than my coleman propane stove for this chore. Enjoy!
2010 Rockwood Ultralite 2601SS
2006 Toyota Tundra DB Cab; 4.7l
3 teenagers - growing too fast
1 wonderful wife
and too many Toys to bring along!
rvron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by jdeeter View Post
We have the new RVQ2 and it is head and shoulders above the RVQ. It is larger and has teflon grill surface. It is great and easy to clean (which was our major concern slong with the size.
How is it for heating your meat? I found cooking w/ the RVQ took twice as long as a similiarly sized portable grill.
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD w/ Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Husky W/D hitch
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini-Lite
Nights camped 2010: 21
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #25
Ditto for those who don't mind using the grill under the awning. I wouldn't leave it unsupervised, however! Just used ours for the first time last week on our maiden voyage. I do think the propane hose is just a bit snug, so I will ease the length just a bit by installing an elbow on the hose-to-female disconnect side.

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #26
Got my grill for sale, never used it. It mounts under the window and awning and I don't want the camper to fill with smoke while I am cooking. So if anyone wants it make me an offer.
2013 Prime Time 230 FBS
Days camped in 2013: April to November
Days camped in 2014...about 40
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #27
I've used our RV grill, it does an OK job. One of these days I'm going to get a better one, but its not a priority. BUT one word of warning. Put that shelf on the side of the trailer and when it had a little weight on it (ketchup bottle and few other BBQ things) the strip pulled out of the RV!! When I repaired it, applied a little automotive goop adhesive to the screws and noticed they did not make much effort to hit a stud or anything, so it is just the side wall holding that up. My side strip is on tight now but I don't trust that table thing.

Fort Kent Dad is offline   Reply With Quote