Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #1

Genesis 2.o won't play DVD on Konka TV need setup hepl

New owner to 2013 Rockwood 2505s.It has Genesis 2.0 av system and 24" Konka LED TV.How do I get a DVD to play on the TV? When I put dvd in I can hear audio but no picture on tv.I have Gen.2.o input set to AV1 The other modes that can be chosen are AU1,AU2,AU3,AU4 .I have input on Konka TV set to TV. I get no picture. I have tried changing the input on tv to AV,component, hdmi1,hdmi2,VGA.No luck getting picture.What do I need to do to get a dvd to play on the tv through the genesis 2.0?Do I need to set the channel on the TV to a certain station?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
bkmac2rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

You are correct in selecting AV1 - that's why you have sound. I think the issue lies with the TV settings. Do you have a manual? If not, you'll have to pull up the "menu" on the TV and Easter egg around to see which input results in the picture appearing.
I will give this hint: be patient. Each time you try a new setting or input, wait at least 5 seconds. It takes a few seconds for the TV's brain to catch up. I was impatiently skipping right past the setting which eventually worked after I slowed down.
My TT is in a storage lot with the manual aboard, so that's all I can help with.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #3

still searching for DVD picture

Thanks for your reply awellis3. I have tried the Different TV inputs.On the Konka It has 6. TV , AV , Component, HDMI1, HDMI2, and VGA. Do you know what the TV channel needs to be set at to watch a dvd? no tv manual. Thanks Bryan
bkmac2rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #4

The DVD will come up on your TV on a dedicated input, not a TV channel. I can tell you now to rule out TV, component, VGA and HDMI since the Genesis 2 doesn't output to any of this kind. Try the AV but it sounds like you have tried them all so it's probably a loose or missing wire. Look on the back of your TV and tell us what connections have a cable hooked to them. You should have power, antenna in, line out or headphone out and then what? There should be a cable to bring the picture into your TV and it should be on AV video in or something like that. A yellow jack. Take a picture would be the best thing if you can.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:34 AM   #5

The best person to help you out is a member named Camaraderia, he was a electronic rep. I would send him a PM and ask him, he might be able to help you. He has helped me and many others. Worth a try....Hope it helps.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #6

Is this your inputs on your TV, check make sure you have a yellow jack from the unit to the back of the TV. modeCable/Antenna Input : 1
HDMI™ / Audio In : 3
Component Video Input (YPbPr/YCbCr) : 1
Composite Video Input : 1 (HERE)
PC In (D-sub) : 1
PC Audio In (Mini Jack) : 1
Composite Video Output : 1
Composite Video Output : 1
Audio Output L-R : 1
Headphone Output : 1
USB : 1
SPDIF out : 1
Ethernet (LAN) : NO
Soundl TV

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmac2rn View Post
Thanks for your reply awellis3. I have tried the Different TV inputs.On the Konka It has 6. TV , AV , Component, HDMI1, HDMI2, and VGA. Do you know what the TV channel needs to be set at to watch a dvd? no tv manual. Thanks Bryan
Here's the manual: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/E...11.26.2011.pdf
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #8

It seems pretty common for the cable to come loose on the back of the Genesis unit. It doesn't need to be on AV1, it automatically goes to "load" and outputs from there. The TV needs to be on AV (or something like that). Pop the face plate loose on the Genesis unit and take out the screws and pull it out a little to check the cables.

Try this thread for some pics...starting at around #23 or so.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...a-69786-3.html
Old 10-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #9

Yes the AV mode on my genesis is more like an input. I use that to play the TV sound thru the stereo speakers ( even outside) When I put a DVD in I change my tv input to component ( which should be that yellow plug)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Rockwood 2109S
2013 F-150

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #10

The yellow should be AV. Component would be for the red green blue cables, but I've yet to see one wired line that from the factory.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #11

Raspivey. You are probably correct as I may have used the wrong term. But I do know that the AV mode on the Zgenisis will play the television audio over the stereo speakers ( via the red and white cables plugged into audio out on TV) I had a Furion in my 2109s Rockwood that I just swapped out for a bigger Vizeo that I haven't tried yet ( will try tomorrow morning). My point was that the genesis should output the signal on the yellow plug, and it's a matter of telling the TV which input to use ( based on what it's plugged into on the back of TV)

2014 Rockwood 2109S
2013 F-150

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #12

I understand what you're saying, just didn't want to confuse anyone. I'd love to swap my TV with one in the house, but my floor plan puts it on a shelf over the range hood (I've got your trailer with a dinette which requires a bigger slide out...which mirror images the bath/fridge at the rear to make room, which in turn moves the door to the left of the kitchen. So I don't have the wall space there that you do). It leaves me with no space for anything bigger.

Tags
dvd