Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2019, 08:08 AM   #21
Trailer Park Supervisor

That is a user movable ladder? Not sure what the benefit of that is. Perhaps you can fashion some pad protectors yourself? I seriously doubt anyone would steal your ladder unless you are camping in an s-hole like Compton or something. Most people would not even realize it was movable.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #22

Lol, true, but you never know for sure. People steal the weirdest things sometimes.
3Harts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:15 PM   #23

I was at a dealership today to visit the parts dept. While there I saw a Geo Pro 16TH (toy hauler). It had a ladder which looks like the removable one in the pic.

I see needing to remove the ladder on a toy hauler to drop the ramp.
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #24

I went to a dealership that actually had a camper by me and it has the ladder in the back. Holy cow what a pain in the you know what!! There is no way that thing can lift up and just move to the side. Totally in the way of the storage compartment and questionable for back up camera. I asked the sales guy if he knew why they put the ladder in the middle? He wasn't sure. I then asked if the top had the Pro Rac mounted on top and he said yes. This is my theory, that the 16BHGs with the Pro Rac on top have the middle ladder for convenience of carrying things up top where it is more sturdy. I called the company myself today to get to the root of the matter. Still waiting for return phone call. I will let you guys know. I sure do love the camper!! First time physically in it and the kids were super excited. So if they tell me that is why it there, I am going to order it without the Pro Rac, don't really like it anyway.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #25
Trailer Park Supervisor

What's the Pro Rac, some kind of luggage rack? I can't imagine trying to get gear up and down on the roof. It was hard enough going up that vertical ladder weighing 265 lbs carrying a cordless drill!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #26

NJKris, it isn’t any easier at 245 pounds! Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #27

Ok, so I the gentleman at FR called me back this morning. Wow, what a nice man and very informative, plus calling me back (not a dealer), was super impressed! So he said that indeed because of the Pro Rac that is why they put the ladder in the middle because of using a longer ladder for ease of putting things on the rac. If you place the ladder on the right like all the others, it is too long. So there, found out the answer! Amazes me that the dealership sales people have no clue!! Kinda sad

NJKris, the Pro Rac is to store your bikes, kayak, canoes or luggage. You can buy special brackets that lock into the rac to support whichever extra toys you would like to bring. For me I'm not that strong to lug a huge kayak or canoe that high and climb that ladder trying to hang on to it! It's very awkward to say the least.

Now to contact the dealership to see if they can order me a different camper or what they have in mind. I am so pleased that it just wasn't a new thing they were doing to the camper!!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #28

Ladder placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Harts19 View Post
Ok, so I the gentleman at FR called me back this morning. Wow, what a nice man and very informative, plus calling me back (not a dealer), was super impressed! So he said that indeed because of the Pro Rac that is why they put the ladder in the middle because of using a longer ladder for ease of putting things on the rac. If you place the ladder on the right like all the others, it is too long. So there, found out the answer! Amazes me that the dealership sales people have no clue!! Kinda sad

NJKris, the Pro Rac is to store your bikes, kayak, canoes or luggage. You can buy special brackets that lock into the rac to support whichever extra toys you would like to bring. For me I'm not that strong to lug a huge kayak or canoe that high and climb that ladder trying to hang on to it! It's very awkward to say the least.

Now to contact the dealership to see if they can order me a different camper or what they have in mind. I am so pleased that it just wasn't a new thing they were doing to the camper!!
so did you order an upgraded ladder? We purchased ours after seeing it at an RV show and our ladder sits on the right side when facing the back of the RV. It works well (I'm 180lbs) and doesn't block the storage, window or the camera. I'm not sure what your options are and if it will leave cosmetic damage if they swap to the normal ladder. I imagine it is bolted into the body. Seems like something they would have warned about if you ordered that as an upgraded ladder, like "by the way, its gonna block everything important in the rear of your RV."
wizkidr0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkidr0b View Post
so did you order an upgraded ladder? We purchased ours after seeing it at an RV show and our ladder sits on the right side when facing the back of the RV. It works well (I'm 180lbs) and doesn't block the storage, window or the camera. I'm not sure what your options are and if it will leave cosmetic damage if they swap to the normal ladder. I imagine it is bolted into the body. Seems like something they would have warned about if you ordered that as an upgraded ladder, like "by the way, its gonna block everything important in the rear of your RV."
I ordered it with the ladder, but the salesman told me he spoke with rep from FR and they told him the ladder would be on the right. Somewhere along the lines of communication between those two something was missed, because the ladder came in the middle. Now I sit here debating what to do, because they can't remedy the camper they were going to sell me and I have to wait for who knows how long for the next one. The one fact to let anyone know, is that if you indeed want the Pro Rac, the ladder will be in the middle. I am getting a different one without the Pro Rac, so there will be no issue of the ladder in the middle, it would be on the right side, just not sure if I want to wait 10-12 weeks or see if another dealer somewhat close has one. I'm kinda burned out at the moment, all the excitement has faded and dreading the waiting game again.