Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #1

Geo Pro 19FBS

Hello all,

Just got a new 2020 19FBS and took it out for a one night test run. Everything went well, aside from the weather-they say it never rains in California. I like the layout for the two of us and a couple of dogs. Wonder if anyone has made an alteration to change the bed layout with supports or something so we aren't climbing over each other to get out in the middle of the night?

The tt has a tube for the sewer hose, it is a bit short but was thinking about drilling a few holes on the underside for drainage, good idea?

The dealer supplied a battery, it is emblazoned "PowerVolt Cranking," I should probably get a better battery or two?

What do people use to store electrical, fresh water hoses/filter/attachments, extra sewer parts and anything else storable.

And how do you attach your vehicle and tv specifics?

I have a Nissan Frontier V6 as my tow vehicle and the FBS with the off road package.

Thanks!
Puckhawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #2

Congrats on the trailer. I stow my electrical cords and fill and water hoses in totes with lids that I bought at Walmart. Measure the opening to the passthrough storage area, mine just fit through easily.
I also bought a better sewer hose and it stores easily in the tube under the trailer and the 90 deg elbow I put into a big plastic bag and in a tote also.
This is what I have.https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...2&sr=1-3-spell

Enjoy your trailer.
Tom
Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhawg31 View Post
Wonder if anyone has made an alteration to change the bed layout with supports or something so we aren't climbing over each other to get out in the middle of the night!
The obvious solution is a 19 FD and its North-South Murphy bed!

But then of course you lose the slide out and the extra room for the big dogs. That's why we ruled the 19 FD out and settled for a 19QB. We do the climbing over each other, but Merlot (our Golden Retriever) is a happy camper - he's got much more room with the slide out.

Claude
Old 05-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudeP View Post
The obvious solution is a 19 FD and its North-South Murphy bed!

But then of course you lose the slide out and the extra room for the big dogs. That's why we ruled the 19 FD out and settled for a 19QB. We do the climbing over each other, but Merlot (our Golden Retriever) is a happy camper - he's got much more room with the slide out.

Claude
Thanks, we thought about the FD as well but didn't care for the dinette. The couch makes a better extra sleeping spot if needed. Looks like the climb over will be in effect.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 AM   #5

Congrats on new FBS19. I have the 2019 model. Not sure what the differences are.
We have tried to sleep north and south at an angle to prevent crawling over each other and it worked okay. We also have two dogs who enjoy the slide out space.
We have totes in the storage for everything except sewer hose/elbow. The totes make it alot easier to get stuff out and i like everything organized.
I mounted a 5" tube near existing sewer hose storage so i would not have to put the elbow in a bag in the tote. I did drill a couple of holes in the elbow storage tube but havent yet for main sewer hose tube. Probably will.
I replaced the heater thermostat with a digital one which i like alot better. I know what the temp is set at and what the temp actually is. For towel hanging we did not mount the towel bar, wife bought a hanging bar that goes over the bathroom door and holds up to 3 towels. Aslo, we used a couple of command strips near the door for leashes. I would recommend command strips whenever you want to mount anything so you don't have to drill.
First day i camped away from home i was messing with the water saver feature on the shower while hooked to city water and filled up my fresh water tank without realizing it. Dumb move but lesson learned.
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
DKF

Equipment & TV description

Go into User CP in order to fill out your profile. Pictures too!
DKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:43 PM   #7

[QUOTE=DKF;2105121]Go into User CP in order to fill out your profile. Pictures too!

Thank you!
Towed by retired person
Go Blackhawks!
Old 05-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #8
DKF

Actually I lied! You have to set up (and save) your signature. Real easy.

Dave

2018 GeoPro 17PR
2018 Ford F-150
DKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbuzz View Post
Congrats on new FBS19. I have the 2019 model. Not sure what the differences are.
We have tried to sleep north and south at an angle to prevent crawling over each other and it worked okay. We also have two dogs who enjoy the slide out space.
We have totes in the storage for everything except sewer hose/elbow. The totes make it alot easier to get stuff out and i like everything organized.
I mounted a 5" tube near existing sewer hose storage so i would not have to put the elbow in a bag in the tote. I did drill a couple of holes in the elbow storage tube but havent yet for main sewer hose tube. Probably will.
I replaced the heater thermostat with a digital one which i like alot better. I know what the temp is set at and what the temp actually is. For towel hanging we did not mount the towel bar, wife bought a hanging bar that goes over the bathroom door and holds up to 3 towels. Aslo, we used a couple of command strips near the door for leashes. I would recommend command strips whenever you want to mount anything so you don't have to drill.
First day i camped away from home i was messing with the water saver feature on the shower while hooked to city water and filled up my fresh water tank without realizing it. Dumb move but lesson learned.
Thank you! All good info. I may go with the digital down the line. I like the adhesive strips for the leashes, hope they hold. I do have a couple of totes, the second 15 feet of sewer hose is in one (with the donut and 90 degree in a smaller tupperware) but if I have to use it, it would be better to have its own tube underneath.

How did you mess up with the city water connection? Is there a bypass valve or something?

Thanks again
Towed by retired person
Go Blackhawks!
Old 05-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #10
Enjoying the ride

Hi and congrats on the 19 FBS. I have the 19 QB w/ ORP that I tow with a Nissan Frontier PRO 4X. I get about 11 or 12 MPG. Going up hills it tacs around 4 to 4.5. I tow only with OD off.

I store the spare hose in the tube and the primary hose, fittings, gloves, etc. I store in a re-purposed kitty litter bucket with a snap lid.

If your unit is equipped with Solar, you may want to look at getting deep cycle marine/rv batteries. I am currently running two NAPA 8240 DP Marine/RV deep cycle flooded batteries in parallel giving me a total of 124 amp hours of 12v DC. I am looking at upgrading the batteries next year.

Evangeline
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2516S
2019 Nissan Titan PRO 4X
"Now, I don't know but I been told, It's hard to run with the weight of gold. Other hand, I have heard it said, It's just as hard with the weight of lead" Hunter/Garcia
rainman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:46 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman67 View Post

If your unit is equipped with Solar, you may want to look at getting deep cycle marine/rv batteries. I am currently running two NAPA 8240 DP Marine/RV deep cycle flooded batteries in parallel giving me a total of 124 amp hours of 12v DC. I am looking at upgrading the batteries next year.
Since dual purpose marine/RV batteries are not true deep cycle batteries, two 6v golf cart batteries are a better choice for solar.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman67 View Post
Hi and congrats on the 19 FBS. I have the 19 QB w/ ORP that I tow with a Nissan Frontier PRO 4X. I get about 11 or 12 MPG. Going up hills it tacs around 4 to 4.5. I tow only with OD off.

I store the spare hose in the tube and the primary hose, fittings, gloves, etc. I store in a re-purposed kitty litter bucket with a snap lid.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely be looking at upgrading the batteries. I feel like the dealer took the cheap way out with the one they gave me. I have a wdh that we will use this weekend, I hope it helps the handling. I didn't feel too confident on our short one day trip. Will definitely leave the OD off.
Towed by retired person
Go Blackhawks!
Old 05-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #13
Enjoying the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Since dual purpose marine/RV batteries are not true deep cycle batteries, two 6v golf cart batteries are a better choice for solar.
Yes thank you. I agree, thus looking to upgrade next year. I understand that running the two 6v true DC batteries in series will give me a lot more amp hours.

I am currently using what the dealer supplied. I was dry camped this weekend and they never discharged below 53% and 11.7v. The solar charging kept up so long as the sun was out but we had a fair amount of rain Saturday and a bit on Sunday. I was fine, but watching closely. In a real boondocking situation I think I would prefer the 6v.

Evangeline
2021 Rockwood Mini Lite 2516S
2019 Nissan Titan PRO 4X
"Now, I don't know but I been told, It's hard to run with the weight of gold. Other hand, I have heard it said, It's just as hard with the weight of lead" Hunter/Garcia
rainman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhawg31 View Post

How did you mess up with the city water connection? Is there a bypass valve or something?

Thanks again
Since the shower miser water saver recirculates water back to your fresh water tank until it is hot you should not try it when hooked to city water. It just fills up your fresh water tank and will overflow. I just wasn't thinking about it and luckily i saw it coming out the overflow outside after just a couple minutes.
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geo pro