Old 08-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
Rookie

Geo Pro 19FBS - Adding a Hitch

I want to install a hitch on the back of my Geo Pro so I can carry a bike rack. I may also use it for cargo, but 99% of the time, I just need a better way to bring along 3 bikes.
Iíve noticed that most that of these are designed to install on the rear bumper, which the Geo Pro does not have. What are the other options to install one?

Thanks,
Mark

Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #2

Be very careful. The bumper and their welds on these things are flimsy. So do NOT just bolt on a receiver and go.

I had a beefed up receiver welded to both my Roo and my Mini Lite. See Post #2 here for the Roo and Post #12 for the Mini Lite. There are other options discussed in this thread, also:

https://gmpartsdepartment.com/parts/...diagram=ZD7010

Here's another thread to read. Note the discussion of Safety Struts in Post #6. Several people have reported that they work well.

Bumper Receiver

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the Geo Pro does not have a bumper at all. Iím guessing the only option I have is to have one welded to the frame.
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:45 AM   #4

I would not recommend that, I already looked into this (not for bikes though) but using a curt receiver that would bolt on the to main rails but there is to much stuff under there and not enough room. But for your bikes just use the recommended tongue mount bike rack as seen here
its called the "JACKIT" however instead of the gooseneck you will see it has a strait tube, which i guess you have to call to special order because the normal version has a gooseneck and on a geopro that will only give you enough room for bikes just on the front and not on both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving View Post
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the Geo Pro does not have a bumper at all. Iím guessing the only option I have is to have one welded to the frame.
johnorjias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:08 PM   #5

its called the "JACKIT" however instead of the gooseneck you will see it has a strait tube, which i guess you have to call to special order because the normal version has a gooseneck and on a geopro that will only give you enough room for bikes just on the front and not on both sides.[/QUOTE]

We have an Epro 19QB with the Jackit and it did come with the gooseneck tube. I guess we're amongst the lucky ones!

Tags
geo pro, hitch