Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #1

Geo Pro Quality

We are between buying a new Geo Pro 16bh and an RPod 190. The RPod dealer is saying that they have superior quality to the Geo Pro. The Geo Pro felt sturdy when we walked through it. Beyond minor, to be expected issues, does anyone feel like their Geo pro is poor quality junk?
cpttimerstraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:01 PM   #2

Aren't both made by Forest River? The Rpod dealer is blowing smoke to make a sale.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Aren't both made by Forest River? The Rpod dealer is blowing smoke to make a sale.
They are both made by Forest River, but the rpod is made in Oregon versus Indiana. The quality of both felt on par to me. I own an a frame currently so I understand the minor things that break, but I feel like overall it is well made. I wanted to make sure that the Geo pro owners generally feel the same.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttimerstraint View Post
They are both made by Forest River, but the rpod is made in Oregon versus Indiana. The quality of both felt on par to me. I own an a frame currently so I understand the minor things that break, but I feel like overall it is well made. I wanted to make sure that the Geo pro owners generally feel the same.
The Rpod is made in Oregon AND Indiana.
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/r-pod
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #5
Rookie

I picked up my 2020 Geo Pro 16BH in October, but haven't camped in it yet. I've been tinkering with stuff and so far am very happy with the quality. Ours is an early '20 build, but if built after 8/19 you'll see a coupe more standard features that mine did not come with (TPMS is one of them).
Word of caution though, most dealers are not very familiar with these units; I went to my delivery and knew a but more about the features than the shoes woman going through the PDI with me.
From what I've seen, the Rpods are a little higher end, but more expensive and heavier. Again, I'm very happy with what mine has on board, but street we start camping, I'll be able to give a better analysis of the unit. It is, however, our first camper, so we have nothing to compare to.Click image for larger version

Name:	1129191510_HDR~2.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	221303
Old 01-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttimerstraint View Post
We are between buying a new Geo Pro 16bh and an RPod 190. The RPod dealer is saying that they have superior quality to the Geo Pro. The Geo Pro felt sturdy when we walked through it. Beyond minor, to be expected issues, does anyone feel like their Geo pro is poor quality junk?
If you follow the forum regularly you can find a link specific to Geo-pro/ E-pro trailers and to R-pods. We have a 2018 E-pro 19fd. Initially we had a number of issues with the trailer. All of them had to do with poor quality control in the inside of the coach, drawer bottoms not sturdy enough and drawer slides poorly attached as well as the Murphy bed not secured well. I was able to fix all of these myself. The structure of the trailer seems solid. Our trailer has been dragged over some pretty rough roads and nothing has come apart. The roof is solid enough to walk on and supports additional solar panels, the walls are Azdel and the frame is robust enough for the weight. I have no trouble recommending this trailer. In fact we were looking at the R-pods but we could not find one with a floor plan we liked. Also the R-pods did not have adequate storage space.

Either way I think you will find that these are nice little trailers. We are experienced RVers and have owned Truck campers and large fifth wheel units. This seems to be a very nice compromise if you do not plan on living in it for months at a time. I think it would be to small for that.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #7

Thanks for the responses. I am starting to venture into the other parts of the forum. I have been a regular in the a frame section. I will find the Geo pro/ e pro section.

It sounds like the assessment of the quality is to be expected. I know that there are going to be minor issues. I'm very handy and can fix all of them. I was more concerned any structural/ major issues.

Tags
geo pro, quality