Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2016, 05:31 AM   #21

Service plan

I happen to be a dealer for a competitive brand who just happened to purchase a 2015 rockwood for my personal use. I have to disagree to the naysayers that suggest you shouldn't purchase a service plan. If any of those people have watched hundreds of people visit the service department, many who don't have the technical knowledge or facility to repair their units in addition to see the surprise at what major parts cost. To see the relief on their faces when a $2000 repair costs them only a $75 deductible. Some people have to make a choice to make a payment or Make a repair. Service plans aren't for everyone especially those of you with unlimited cash, but if you are a payment buyer and are limited with your budget, spend the extra $10 a month now. Down the road if you had to come up with $2000 for a repair, would you have that kind of free and available cash? I have 5 year service plan on my Rockwood.
Tcdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #22

Who did u buy it thru
Rangerdrvr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdrvr59 View Post
Who did u buy it thru
Who are you asking? If me, the dealer is Dick Gore's RV World.
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #24

TCdoughboy, first thank you for your services fighting to keep us free. What company did u get your 5 yr service plan thru.
Rangerdrvr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #25

Our RV came with a 5 year extended warranty. The dealer added it after we negotiated price but before we closed the deal. It was a platinum level by XtraRide. Valued at $2600. We had great success with it. Definitely saved more than the cost over the 5 years and it covered every problem we had using different service shops all over the southwest. Just had a hydraulic jack and every slide seal replaced for the $50 deductible. In our case the policy was well worth it, financially and piece of mind.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #26

Does anyone have any experience with the extended warranty offered on the Good Sam website? It is much cheaper than the plan the dealer offered me.
rockwood2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #27

No experience with Good Sam, I have Route 66, had a slide gear shaft issue while still under the year warranty, the extended policy picked up the service call portion so the repair was done in my driveway (41 minutes from dealer) no additional charge. So far so good
NOREASTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:41 AM   #28
MCTroy

We are not handy at making repairs so we opted for an extended warranty. I got it after the 2nd year of FR warranty. No need to duplicate coverage. I like knowing for the major repairs I am only out $300. I know it won't cover the roof or sides but those have their manufacturers warranty. And our dealership service manager did NOT recommend the plan the dealership sells! Instead he said God Sam was easy to work with so we went with their coverage. It was cheaper too.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty