Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #1

Has anyone used RV Wholsalers to purchase a Rockwood?

We are really interested in purchasing a Rockwood 8315SS, but there are a lack of dealers in our immediate vicinity. I'm a little leary about buying a RV signt unseen. Has anyone used this service in Ohio?

We have a Gulfstream Gulf Breeze that is ony 14 months old and the caulking on the roof cracked aand the manufacturer will not honor the warranty on it, even though it is warranteed for 2 years on the roof. How is Forest River on handling warranty issues?
polarman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #2

Well I have heard over the years good and bad about the warrenty stuff and RVW

I can say I wehave been VERY happy with the flaggstaff/rockwood line.

Welcome to the site and hope someone can help better than I

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #3

We are currently in the process of getting ours. Money down, trip planned to meet them half way to get our RS23 in Wyoming April 1st!!! I worked with Rob, and he was a nice guy, good follow up, answered lots of questions. THey push the Extended W pretty hard, we have chosen not to get it. If you can hold tight I will tell you how our experience goes. I have been all over the net, RV.net, hibrid forums, and here and most people seem pretty happy overall with their experience. It was a bet we were willing to take for the 7G's it saves us! More to come.
New2ROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #4

polarman2 ,
Welcome to FRF.

I've heard lots of good and very little bad about RVW.

As far as the roof warranty, most are 12 years from the manufacturer itself. Even with that, if the caulking on the roof cracked as you say, I don't think there's a manufacturer out there that will warranty this. The caulking is the owners responsibility which falls under routine maintenance.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #5

In late '06 we were in the market for a new Rockwood. No local dealers had the model we wanted in stock, and would have to order it. They wanted $6000 more than RVW, for this job. I don't think so.

From the first contact with RVW, to the delivery, and even when I had to get a replacement Concertone stereo under warranty months after the sale, they were nothing short of excellent.

It took 3 months for Rockwood to build our custom trailer, and it was delivered from Ohio to Central FL, right on time. We did a walk through, signed some papers, and the semi-retired husband/wife team were off.

Local salesmen will tell you "we work on trailers we sell first". And try to give the impression that they don't work on anything else. Call your local dealership, ask for the SERVICE dept, and ask if they work on factory warranty items. Uh, yea. They are SO busy they would turn away business? LOL! So if someone has a breakdown while traveling, they'd have to go back to the dealership that sold them the trailer? Again, uh, yea.

I'd buy from RVW again in a heartbeat. They have an excellent reputation on the Motorhome Magazine forum. They also monitor such forums as they live or die by feedback. I did a LOT of research before buying sight unseen. Zero regrets.
https://www.2manytoyz.com/
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #6

We are on our 2nd Rockwood. Our first was a 2601 that was great, we made a lot of good memories in it. We picked up our current 8318SS from RVW back in October. We have been all over in it, had a great time up in the Carolina's this winter....Man, it sure got cold where we were, I think it was -17 with the wind chill...really really cold. But, the kids (and us bigger kids) had a great time.

RVW has been great since we bought the camper. We too had to have our Concertone replaced - actually just swapped it out. They were good and got the new unit here.

Would I buy from RVW again? You bet, best 7G's I've ever saved. Plus, I got a nice road trip out of it. Drove up to Ohio on a Thursday (from Melbourne, FL), picked up the camper Friday and took a nice leisurely 3 day trip home.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the feedback on RVW. Great to hear that someone from the Central Florida Area made the trip. We are thinking two ways, meeting them halfway or going all of the way.

P.S. regarding the warranty. We following the manufacturers guidelines in the manual and checked the roof every six months. The first six months it was fine, the next time we looked at it, it was cracked. We called the manufacturer to bring their attention to it. What else should we have done since it was under warranty? We weren't going to touch it and take a chance on voiding the warranty by adding caulk. The attorney we spoke said it's under warranty and the Magnesson-Moss Act of 1975 said that anything under warranty must be fixed, or if unable to be fixed then replaced or totally refunded.

Looking forward to getting our money back and purchasing a Rockwood.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #8

Make the trip all the way. It will give you some extra confidence just to go to their place of business. They have a store there to pickup some extra things that you may want. Plus, they'll help you get the hitch and everything ready to go.

I packed a couple of huge tupperware bins with the stuff from the previous camper, took it with me. Then each evening when I stopped, I unpacked some of the items.

Oh, and I took a couple Ribeye steaks for grillin on the way home...Awesome. If you could zoom in good on my picture, you would see one on a grill in the picture (and a nice cocktail on the table!).

Good trip, well worth a 4 day weekend.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #9

I wish there was a RVW option for those of us on the West Coast. I would have no problem purchasing from them if it were practical here in Seattle.
bobbyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #10
Site Team

we are on the west coast and were going to buy our Roo from them. we were either meeting them halfway or driving all the way to ohio and making it a vacation on the way back. we had gotten close to ordering when we found the exact one we wanted for a little less and it was in chicago.
but we were very happy with how we were treated by RVW.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #11

I considered purchasing our 8265S from RVW, but a dealer within a 100 miles of me quoted me a price that was only $600 dollars more than RVW's price (including the charges to ship the trailer to me) for the exact same unit. I thought it was worth $600 to buy locally and be able to check out the trailer I was buying 1st hand before purchasing it.
CamperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperFan View Post
I considered purchasing our 8265S from RVW, but a dealer within a 100 miles of me quoted me a price that was only $600 dollars more than RVW's price (including the charges to ship the trailer to me) for the exact same unit. I thought it was worth $600 to buy locally and be able to check out the trailer I was buying 1st hand before purchasing it.
You were a lucky man! We tried the same, gave our local dealer a chance, they couldn't get closer than 7G's even with the shipping. I would always buy local if I could.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #13

Keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg123 View Post
I wish there was a RVW option for those of us on the West Coast. I would have no problem purchasing from them if it were practical here in Seattle.
We are in Spokane and even with Shipping all the way here. Local guy wanted 22K and RVW was 17500 for the same thing. STILL WORTH IT!!!
Also, there is a California wholesaler, somewhere, supposedly, depends on what you are looking for.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #15

I sure would like to know who the one in Calif is. who has Rockwwods or Flagstaffs.
hebster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #16

Smile 8315BSS on order

We just ordered our 8315BSS from RV Wholesalers on March 13th. They said it should take 8-10 weeks ( 5/26 ). It was a no brainer, they were 7k cheaper then one here locally. If it was within a grand I would buy locally but 7k come-on. We were able to buy a fully loaded trailer and have it delivered to our door for less. Time will tell, will keep you posted.
nycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebster3 View Post
I sure would like to know who the one in Calif is. who has Rockwwods or Flagstaffs.
I haven't thought of a tactful way to ask rvw?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #18

I bought mine from RVW. Worth the trip to save some $$$$ like that. My local dealers couldn't get me anywhere close to the price. So we ordered it then took a road trip. Found a few things during PDI, called RVW then took it to the local dealer. Local dealer has done all the warranty work, well just about.
I had 2 Concertones replaced and they would work on it any more. I'm into the extended warranty and really got the run around. Even pissed off at RVW. After a few more calls and some choice words and a few calls to Forest River I received a new TV. I don't have a warranty any more but that's fine. As for RVW, I'd buy from them again to save that kind of $$$$. If the local guy's would get close then I'd buy local. But I don't see that happening.
Good luck
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
gillguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #19

Thumbs up Rvw

We purchased a 8272s from rvw on 3/14. Very smooth deal. Dealt with Rob Jenkins. The price listed on the website is the price, but they did deal a little on the slideout awning. We live in Evansville, In and our nearest dealer was in Indy. They were about 4000 higher than RVW. There is another dealer in Richmond, In that was within 1000, but Lakeview, Oh is only another 70miles. So far, would definately recommend. Only issue so far was crappy stereo. Called Rob, and he said he would call factory to send a replacement and that he would send me a shipping label to send defective unit back to RVW. Stereo arrived from Forest River before RVW's mailing label. Very easy swapout. Hope this is only warranty issue. BTW, there was no pressure to buy the extended warranty. They asked if I wanted it, I said no and that was that.
sandtraplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #20

We just ordered our Flagstaff Vlite fro Rvcapitol Wholesalers. SAving us a bunch of money we are in Texas and will go pick it up. I will post more but i have hunted all over the internet and the postive way out the negitive. The delivery charge was like 2500.00 and alot cheaper for us to go up there. No dealer could beat or come close to our price .. even with the delivery charge not included.
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood