Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolf19 View Post
John thanks for posting the warranty form.
How do I know for sure the amount to send in for this extended warranty? I am still within the 10 days.
I think it depends on the model but most have said recently $150.
You can call Johnathan and ask. 574-642-5166
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #22

I paid $150 last October. The form wasn't in the paperwork package. I called FR and they sent it right out. Hope I don't need it. To date warrenty work is 2 small water leaks, concertcrap, tongue jack, wheel bearing cap leaking, and day/night shade. From what others have posted I am fortunate this is all in 10 months and 6000 miles.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #23

WOW! I am LOVING this forum and I have not even bought my Rockwood yet (we are looking at the 8280ws) ! TONS of info. Thanks for sharing!
Lori_Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Allen View Post
WOW! I am LOVING this forum and I have not even bought my Rockwood yet (we are looking at the 8280ws) ! TONS of info. Thanks for sharing!

That is the reason this FRF exists. We have so many that have travelled the road why not share the expereiences with others.
Glad to see you are doing your homework before you buy.
As I always say "knowledge is power".
Old 08-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #25

2nd year warranty

FYI
Update....

After sending in your check for $150 and your filled out form you will receive a signed copy of the form back as a receipt.
I just received mine back that way.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #26

Disappointed that my Extended Warranty wasn't accepted

The dealer did not include information on the extra year warranty when I bought my 2604SS in December. And I just ran across this posting this week and contacted the number provided but they would not budge and allow me to purchase the extended warranty now.

The dealer tried to sell me an expensive extended warranty and I declined that. I wonder if that's why there was no information on this cheap option. I contacted the dealer and they again tried to sell me the plan they offer!

The warranty person there eventually said she'd check to see what she could do, but I don't hold much hope.

Very frustrating. I'll post the dealer name if she doesn't come through.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #27

Buck.
Dealer doesn't want you to know about it and want you to buy their plan for thousands.
Just give Forest River a call and speak with Johnathan.
My Rockwood caost $150 for the second year. Still worth it.
Call Johnathan 574-642-5166
I also attached the form to this message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck M View Post
The dealer did not include information on the extra year warranty when I bought my 2604SS in December. And I just ran across this posting this week and contacted the number provided but they would not budge and allow me to purchase the extended warranty now.

The dealer tried to sell me an expensive extended warranty and I declined that. I wonder if that's why there was no information on this cheap option. I contacted the dealer and they again tried to sell me the plan they offer!

The warranty person there eventually said she'd check to see what she could do, but I don't hold much hope.

Very frustrating. I'll post the dealer name if she doesn't come through.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blank_Form_NEW EXT WARR.pdf (767.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #28

I talked to Johnathan

Actually it was Johnathan I talked to yesterday Friday who said it was too late to register for the extended warranty.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #29

My dealer offered to pay the extra fee ($100) for the warranty as part of the deal when I purchased my Work 'n Play toyhauler a few months ago. He didn't and when I sent the check to Forest River, it was returned to me, weeks later, with a note that the amount should have been $150. but by then it was too late to qualify for the extra warranty.
DonnaTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #30

Donna you are learning a valuable lesson about RV dealers. They LIE. They don't know the products they are selling and will tell you what ever they need to in order to make the sale. To bad you didn't come to us first for pointers on buying. Dealers don't make any money on the FR extended warranty, they make LOTS of money on the "extended warranties" they try and pressure you into buying though so many won't tell you about the FR deal.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #31

Sounds like FR is clamping down on the 10 day window for the extra year warranty, which is kind of lousy. At one time they would give it as long as the initial year was in force. Somebody else must be in charge of the warranty department and is enforcing the policies to the letter.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #32

Buck M,

Try this.

Click on the link below.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...9&d=1280634335

Print the form, enter your information and send it in with a check for $150.

Wait to see what will happen.

Check your bank statement to see if it clears.

At the worst, they'll return your check.

Doesn't hurt to try.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #33

Was at my dealer Sat to sign paperwork in prep to p/u unit Monday after the PDI. Dealer knew nothing about the 2nd year warrenty. Just printed out the form that was on this thread. Will be taking it with me to the dealer Monday when I p/u our new 2604. Want to see what the dealer has to say once he sees the form. Could be intersting. This will be the 2nd unit I've bought from the dealer in North East Pa. (Towns name) and got great service from them on the 1st unit.
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #34

I did this in the fall of 2010 and got back the application stamped with approval for an add'l year.

Roger & Dawn M.
2011 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8315BSS
2004 Ford Excursion
Nights camped in 2011: 27
Nights camped in 2012: 34
Look'in To Ecapé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Donna you are learning a valuable lesson about RV dealers. They LIE. They don't know the products they are selling and will tell you what ever they need to in order to make the sale. To bad you didn't come to us first for pointers on buying. Dealers don't make any money on the FR extended warranty, they make LOTS of money on the "extended warranties" they try and pressure you into buying though so many won't tell you about the FR deal.
Yep my dealer rv direct wants to charge me 250.00 for a rockwwod 2102w windjammer I'going to pickup 7/5/11 going to call manufacture myself to find out true cost
jray378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Buck M,

Try this.

Click on the link below.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...9&d=1280634335

Print the form, enter your information and send it in with a check for $150.

Wait to see what will happen.

Check your bank statement to see if it clears.

At the worst, they'll return your check.

Doesn't hurt to try.

Our check did not clear two months later so I called FR, and if FR gets the request and your camper in not in there system with the sold to information FR forwarded the check and paperwork to your dealer to complete the process, my dealer did not do that, so FR, very nice lady took my credit card and completed the process and sent me a form this was the end of May. The third week of June I received a call from the same lady at FR that my dealer finally finished the process and sent the paperwork to FR with my check and what did i want done with the check since she had processed a credit card already.

I found this entire process interesting in that, first my dealer denied any knowledge of the 2nd yr FR program. Then I find out FR requires them to complete the process to link the 2nd yr paperwork with the actual sold to information and sends the dealer the paperwork to do this.

All in all we have it, just beware you may need to follow up with FR to get it completed.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood