Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #1

Have you hard about additional year Warranty for $100

I was told by a sales person that Forest River offer new owners with an additional year bumper to bumper for $100. I have been researching that statement and all I have heard is it is an offer that you work directly with Forest River after you buy the trailer.

Has anyone else heard about this lately?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #2

Iggy,
I purchased the additional 1 year warranty for my 8315SS TT back in '06. It was indeed $100. It worked out well for me as there were a few issues taken care of after the first year was up. It's my understanding that the new price is $150. It's an extension of the factory 1 year hitch-to-bumper warranty and a good deal.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #3

BTW, my dealer FAILED to mention the extra 1 year warranty when I purchased the TT, so I called FR myself. They mailed the paperwork to me. I filled in the information and mailed it back with a $100 check.
Most dealers are reluctant to tell the customer about this good deal, because they want to sell you an aftermarket warranty, which they make BIG MONEY off of.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #4

My dealer actually paid it for me as part of the deal. Even if they don't, it is worth it. The form should be included in the paperwork you receive when you get the trailer.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
BTW, my dealer FAILED to mention the extra 1 year warranty when I purchased the TT, so I called FR myself. They mailed the paperwork to me. I filled in the information and mailed it back with a $100 check.
Most dealers are reluctant to tell the customer about this good deal, because they want to sell you an aftermarket warranty, which they make BIG MONEY off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
My dealer actually paid it for me as part of the deal. Even if they don't, it is worth it. The form should be included in the paperwork you receive when you get the trailer.

Thanks a bunch. I definitely will ask abbout the additional 1 yr warranty when I pickup the trailer Tuesday.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The additional year warranty now costs $150. It's the cheapest insurance you can buy! The application, along with the cheque must be sent within 10 days of the purchase of your RV. Then you have to be patient...I sent ours in on March 1, 2010 and just received confirmation from Forest River date July 7, 2010.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #7

Just sent them(FR) $150 for the extra year.
Sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for the confirmation on the deal and costs.
Nice to know it has to be sent in with 10 days of purchase.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Thanks everyone for the confirmation on the deal and costs.
Nice to know it has to be sent in with 10 days of purchase.
Iggy,
I sent my paperwork in 4 weeks after delivery. FR said, "No Problem."
Old 07-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #10

My dealer never mentioned the extended warranty when I purchased my trailer. I never heard of it until I read about it on this forum, so I requested the warranty from FR after I received my trailer back from the delamination repair. FR emailed me the form, I filled it out and sent it back. They gave me the extended warranty, FREE!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
My dealer never mentioned the extended warranty when I purchased my trailer. I never heard of it until I read about it on this forum, so I requested the warranty from FR after I received my trailer back from the delamination repair. FR emailed me the form, I filled it out and sent it back. They gave me the extended warranty, FREE!
Good for you. I'm kind surprise not many folks talk about important things like this. This is the great thing about this forum. Everyone is learning new things from others.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #12

Is this just for 5th wheels & TT?
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
It's great to hear that FR is giving you back something for your problems and time out of the camping season for the repairs.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
It's great to hear that FR is giving you back something for your problems and time out of the camping season for the repairs.
Thanks rockwood06. If you notice in my signature, I've only camped 9 nights this year. I usually have about that many by the end of March.

To be fair, not just the needed repairs but some personal issues have kept me away from the campgrounds so far.

Desperate, I went out last weekend. Fishing was lousy, it was hot and humid. Temps near 100 and heat index at least 105. The AC cooled the TT good, but started vibrating and making noise. I checked for dirt daubers, but that wasn't the problem. Called my dealer and the service manager said it was probably a bearing going out. He also said I didn't need to break camp, it wouldn't hurt to run it and bring it in this weekend.

Since the fish were taking the weekend off, I went through the TT with a fine tooth comb and came up with 14 warranty items to be fixed. Mostly small items, but since I'm taking it in for the AC, might as well take advantage of the warranty.

I have to admit, despite all the problems I've had with this TT, FR and my dealer has treated me right. I won't have a problem buying another FR product, but it probably won't be a Rockwood.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #15

Damn, wish I had known about this. Probably too late now to ask for it.
swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayze View Post
Damn, wish I had known about this. Probably too late now to ask for it.
I have heard of instances that FR would let you have the second year as long as you were still in the first year. If your first year warranty is still in force, then give them a call. They may agree to extend it the second year.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #17
camping

I just talked to FR about the warranty, my dealer never told me about it and there was no info about it in the owners package. they are going to let me purchase it, it is up to them to allow it. i would call and talk to the warranty manager for your unit and see what they say. sounds like they are very good about letting you get after the 10 day period is up. always worth a try!

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #18

This is what this forum is all about. Sharing good information.
I'm sure if you give Forest River a call they will do what's right.
The guy on the phone said they don't make anything on the 2nd year warranty but I think this one of the many good things I have heard about Forest River.
So if you a original owner of a Forest River rig and still inthe first year of ownership and want the second year. Just give them a call. It might be worth it.

If you need the form here is a copy
Phone number is 574-642-5166 and talk with Johnathan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blank_Form_NEW EXT WARR.pdf (767.5 KB, 517 views)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #19

John thanks for posting the warranty form.
How do I know for sure the amount to send in for this extended warranty? I am still within the 10 days.

New Christian Motorcyclist Community Website... Motorcycle Forums Gallery Blogs and more
GreyWolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolf19 View Post
John thanks for posting the warranty form.
How do I know for sure the amount to send in for this extended warranty? I am still within the 10 days.
I think it is now $150, but still a good deal. Better than these after market warranties that some dealers want to peddle.

Tags
rockwood