Old 12-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Heated tank in Rockwood 2604SS

We will be purchasing a Rockwood 2604SS shortly. Does any anyone have this model with heated tanks, if you do are the valves enclosed in a heated area and is the exosed plumging also heated?

yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Well I can't speak for your exact rig but the heaters (arctic pack) on our rig is made up of heat pads that are under each of the holding tanks, one under the fresh water tank and wrapped around the 3" dump pipes where either the gray or black water could pool. Other fresh water piping which is running through the same compartment is unprotected but I assume that radiated heat from the rig and the tank heaters keep it just warm enough to not freeze.

Since we have had temps into the low teens lately around here (which is very unusual for us, global warming my butt!) I wrapped a stringer of ordinary rope lights around my exposed tubes in that compartment and around my water filter. The lights are water proof and keep that area warm enough to make me feel at ease.

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
I like the string light idea, thanks
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
I have a 2010 2604SS with the heated tanks. As NWJeeper said the heaters are heat pads attached to the under sides of the tanks. I don't believe any of the lines are heated. In the forward storage compartment where the water filter, water heater and city water inlet pipes are, there is a 115 VAC plug for the water heater. I plan on wrapping the pipes in this area with a heater tape I have left from another project, rope lights would also work well . Hope this helps.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote

2604, rockwood