Old 06-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Hello from Western NY

We've had a Rockwood ROO 23SS for the last 5 years but this Monday I take it to the dealer and trade it in for a Rockwood 2604. The ROO was a great unit but the DW and I were just getting too old to climb over each other for the middle of the night poddy breaks, also the bed when using an air mattress was a little high to climb up into. So after Memorial weekend that was it, time to get another one while we still had a good trade-in value with the ROO, and the dealer had just got the 2604 in. We looked at 3-4 different mfg's and floor plans and fell in love with this one. Once we saw it for real we knew for sure. The unit came with a number of added options at no additional cost, Alum rims, Sirius sat. radio, free standing dinette, counter top extension, that I know for sure, and I think it also has the heater tanks option too. The interior color was exactly what the DW wanted, it was almost like we'd ordered that unit instead of it being a dealer unit. Now I'll have about 9 days to get the new unit ready to take off for 4th of July weekend, and the last 2 weeks of July vacation.

lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
sorry to see a 23SS owner leave the Roo Kroo, but i understand.
we're in our mid-50's and luckily, i sleep on the outside end of the bunk end since i don't have to get up during the nite.
so, we're not having to crawl over each other but i do see a future where the bunk ends will lose their charm.
but that will be in a few years when we start full-timing and a hybrid isn't a good match for that lifestyle.

glad you found something that fits you and that you got a good trade-in on the Roo.

bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Congratulations on the new Rockwood. We are from Western NY and have a trip planned in August to come back and camp at Stony Brook State Park and Watkins Glen. Have a great summer and camp often!
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR 29 MBV
2010 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote