Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #1

Help - Brand new 2306 water leak

We took our Mini Lite out for its maiden voyage this week and found a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. We found water has seeped in behind the wall where the water inlet for the hose is. I can feel it along the top outside edge of our "pass through" and I can't see any way to get into that area behind the wall without ripping the RV apart. Is there a way to remove this from the outside and check to make sure the connection to the hose is secure?
I was not using a water regulator because when I attached it the weight of it and the hose were bending it down and leaking on the outside. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.
Also, if I decide to take the water inlet off, what should I use to seal it back onto the RV? Can I just use white latex caulking?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
lfreezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfreezin
We took our Mini Lite out for its maiden voyage this week and found a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. We found water has seeped in behind the wall where the water inlet for the hose is. I can feel it along the top outside edge of our "pass through" and I can't see any way to get into that area behind the wall without ripping the RV apart. Is there a way to remove this from the outside and check to make sure the connection to the hose is secure?
I was not using a water regulator because when I attached it the weight of it and the hose were bending it down and leaking on the outside. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.
Also, if I decide to take the water inlet off, what should I use to seal it back onto the RV? Can I just use white latex caulking?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you remove it, I would use weather proof clear silicone to seal it back on.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #3

You put the water pressure regulator on the campground hose bib and that also protects your water hose from high pressure
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #4

Just to clarify, you're talking the inlet for the city water connection not the one where you fill your fresh water tank...correct? It seems to me that you could access it from the inside. Hopefully someone can chime in on where to look for it. I agree with the others though that you absolutely need a regulator. It connects to the faucet and then you connect up your hose.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #5

I think I figured out what was going on. When I pulled the water inlet off the camper it doesn't look like the putty they used to seal around the fitting was entirely sealing. Our hose was leaking on the outside so I think the water was dripping through the outside of the fitting and into the camper. I can't see any other sources of water that might be causing this. I will definitely use the regulator next time - I never thought to put it directly on the faucet. I have also ordered a 90 degree adapter so that the hose has less stress on it and hopefully won't be prone to dripping like last time. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Tags