Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #11

As promised, here are pictures of the process.

https://goo.gl/photos/3haeTUL8n59PBtwv5

I'm using a Google photos album because it was easy to do from my phone here. If it sucks let me know and tomorrow I can do something else when I'm sitting at a computer. Most of the pics have a comment with a little extra info.

Installing it was not fun, and it was 100% due to the space and access constraints. Actually hooking up the EMS was a breeze, no complaints there. In hindsight (or foresight for you) I wish I had installed a junction box behind the panel (would have been easier to fit in towards the front of the space, where it was easier to work) and then sacrificed some space under the oven to install the actual EMS, running wires to it out of the junction. You might want to consider doing that. Also, I don't recommend installing it after work, the night before you're going to leave for a weekend camping trip, while your spouse is yelling for you to hurry up so you can come help give the kids baths and put them to bed. :P

Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #12

Can't get there on the iPad tonight. Will do on the computer tomorrow. Really appreciate it!

Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palms View Post
They will certainly be most welcome. Also, just to confirm, everyone is installing the Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector right? I have it in my save for later list on Amazon and didn't want to buy until was absolutely sure. It doesn't say it but I assume (yeah I know what it means) that they all bring that remote monitor thing. Looking forward to your info jstill!
Something to think about. If you are even considering upgrading your rv in the future. You might want to get the 50 amp unit. It will be completely compatible with your current 30 amp rv and you won't have to buy a second one when you upgrade.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #14

jstill:

Looked at your pics, and I expected to see your converter behind the breaker panel, but did not. Where is you converter located?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:27 AM   #15

Wow Jason! That is a tutorial and a MUST SEE for all 1905 owners that would ever contemplate this. Very well done and documented. Thank you very much!
Old 09-16-2016, 08:15 AM   #16

In the third picture, with the cover off the breaker box, I believe that thing in the bottom of the box is the converter. All you can really see is a heatsink and fan, but as soon as the EMS lets power through the fun starts running and the thing seems to hum slightly. That's the only thing I can think of that would be the converter, and my knowledge of these things is pretty limited (this is my first trailer, and I've only owned it for a week and half).
Old 09-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstill View Post
In the third picture, with the cover off the breaker box, I believe that thing in the bottom of the box is the converter. All you can really see is a heatsink and fan, but as soon as the EMS lets power through the fun starts running and the thing seems to hum slightly. That's the only thing I can think of that would be the converter, and my knowledge of these things is pretty limited (this is my first trailer, and I've only owned it for a week and half).
Thanks. I had thought they were larger than they are, and didn't realize some are essentially part of the panel. Found yours here:

WFCO Power Converter Main Board Assembly for WF-8935 - RVSupplies.com

Don't know what mine looks like, I've never dug into it.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote