Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #21

well i took a navy shower

and it worked,lol fast but I had hot water but I just found out the rug is wet I think my hubby didn't put the hose on right some how its getting into the seam in the rug, I told you were not trailer people but do drink, I want to thank everyone for helping me
vodkagail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #22

The drinking reference and your username gave me a flashback to the 'Two And A Half Men' episode 'Who is this Vod Kanockers?' (on Youtube if you haven't seen it)

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #23

Gail It sounds to me like your water heater By pass valve is open. If you look at the " inside the trailer end " of the water heater you may have a bypass system for winterizing. It could be that whom ever reset the valves for summer use did not close off the bypass valve. Look and see if there is a water line connecting the hot and cold lines coming from the heater, make sure the valve in that line is horizontal ( crossways to the line). When it is open you will get a small amount of hot water then it will start blending with the cold being drawn in past the valve.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:59 AM   #24

no dave I haven't seen that, and thanks for the advice I will tell my hubby hillsdale
Old 09-22-2015, 04:52 AM   #25

If you will be in the trailer for at least a couple months, you should be aware that if the temps drop down below freezing substantially for a couple nights in a row, you will have freezing pipes.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:11 AM   #26

you know I never thought of that, great
thanks for telling me
Old 09-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #27

When the time comes, make sure you look through this site to get a comprehensive way to winterize. Little things like the outside shower can cause major problems. I live in NJ and use our rv year round. When I winterize, I blow the lines out with a compressor and then add antifreeze. Make sure you release the pressure valve on the hot water heater before draining it.

Good luck,
Don
Old 09-22-2015, 05:47 AM   #28

don I will be living in the trailer for a month or so while the house is being lifted, after that then i'll do it, right
Old 09-22-2015, 05:51 AM   #29

If you are only going to be in it for about a month, you should be ok, but you never know here in Jersey. ( UGH! ) I usually winterize ours in November sometime just to be safe. Since we never drink the water from the tank, I just set up a bottle of antifreeze at the pump, and we use that to flush the toilet.

Don
Old 09-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdrj5 View Post
If you will be in the trailer for at least a couple months, you should be aware that if the temps drop down below freezing substantially for a couple nights in a row, you will have freezing pipes.

Good luck,
Don
As long as you're heating the interior you might only need to worry about the external 'city water' hose. On a trip to Florida, we survived last February's cold snap that went to 20 degrees overnight. Trick was to keep the hose short as possible and, since we had a sewer hookup, keep a minimum trickle going at a sink. That's an old trick used by the municipality here because we have literally hundreds of people where their underground service freezes up - the city monitors the frost level and starts calling people who have had previous freeze-ups at that depth and tells them to start this. Of course, a heat tape wrapped around the hose would work too if you have time to prepare.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer