Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
we had the filter problem, it turned out to be a faulty pressure regulator and high campground pressure.

thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #12
Originally Posted by missing_link View Post
I have a 3006 wk and I never installed the filter, just left the housing empty. So far it hasn't leaked or come off

2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3006WK
2014 Ram 1500

Same here. 3006WK. I did not install the filter. I use a pressure regulator and an inline Camco filter on my drinking water hose connected to the city water hookup. I put the filter at the camper inlet after the hose. Some people put the filter at the campground water spigot before the hose to the camper. IMHO, those filters do a good job. I typically use two per season and have never (knock on wood) had problems.

420brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #13
The comco regulators that have a blue sleeve contain lead make sure you get a orange one . The regulator and water filter should be placed before the hose going to the RV . This way your hose is protected from to much pressure and contaminants.
F-250 . stealth 3210 solar pannels, fantastic fans. and life line batteries
John McClain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #14
Incheon, S. Korea
Don't freak out too much about the lead. It's not an issue, except for the lawyers! The amount of lead in those regulators is so small if you ate all of it it wouldn't hurt you, let alone the infinitesimal amount that MAY dissolve into the water.
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
I talked at great lengths with the Filter supplier to Forest River at the store at Goshen. 80% of the problem is the filter is not seated correctly. The filter needs to be be pushed into the top part firmly before screwing the housing on. I have had 2 trailers and not issues with the filter. Not to mention tightening the housing with the supplied wrench.

B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote