Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #1

Horrible Customer Service

Forest River has dropped the ball horribly on getting the parts to the service department that ordered a new door for my trailer. The parts were ordered almost 2 months ago and still no exact date on when they’ll be shipped to them. I have all the documentation showing when parts were ordered and all the transactions between the dealer and Forest River. As of yesterday Forest River still didn’t have an answer on what the heck is going on.

I’m highly disappointed in them. It’s a shame to not care and follow through. We spend thousands of dollars on these units and for them to not take pride in their customer service is a shame.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
Forest River has dropped the ball horribly on getting the parts to the service department that ordered a new door for my trailer. The parts were ordered almost 2 months ago and still no exact date on when they’ll be shipped to them. I have all the documentation showing when parts were ordered and all the transactions between the dealer and Forest River. As of yesterday Forest River still didn’t have an answer on what the heck is going on.

I’m highly disappointed in them. It’s a shame to not care and follow through. We spend thousands of dollars on these units and for them to not take pride in their customer service is a shame.
I recently experienced something similar. When the hatch door arrived, it was the wrong size and waited, waited, and waited for the new one to arrive. I decided to go to social media and low and behold I got a call about a week later from Prime Time and about a week later got the call to pick up my TT.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Old 03-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #3

Quote:

When we lived in SoCal my nearest FR dealer was Giant in Montclair it took almost two months for some warranty parts that were ordered for my TT to show up they were horrible while the TT was there they urinated all over the toilet seat and then claimed I dropped it off like that....
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Old 03-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
When we lived in SoCal my nearest FR dealer was Giant in Montclair it took almost two months for some warranty parts that were ordered for my TT to show up they were horrible while the TT was there they urinated all over the toilet seat and then claimed I dropped it off like that....

I’ve been dealing with Giant in Murrieta. I have to say they have been great. My trailer was broken into and they ruined the door. It was ordered and Forest River just dropped the ball. Sounds like once they have your money they could give 2 cents about you.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #5

I don't know what's going on there lately. I have a write-up to be posted soon on FR's poor service. It appears FR is going down the old corporate road of "save a dime now at the expense of a dollar tomorrow".

In other words, if things don't end well on this warranty issue I'm going through, this four-time FR purchaser will be looking at Keystones and Grand Designs next time.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
I don't know what's going on there lately. I have a write-up to be posted soon on FR's poor service. It appears FR is going down the old corporate road of "save a dime now at the expense of a dollar tomorrow".

In other words, if things don't end well on this warranty issue I'm going through, this four-time FR purchaser will be looking at Keystones and Grand Designs next time.

Funny you should say that. This is our 3rd FR RV. This last weekend we put a deposit on a Keystone Montana. I’m done with FR and just want trailer back so I can trade it in.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #7

Quote:

I'm assuming you are taking the dealers word on when the parts were ordered? There are TONS of posts here where the dealer has claimed they ordered the parts, only to have the OP call FR to find out that the dealer never ordered them.

I'd suggest you call FR and see if the dealer actually did order them.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 03-27-2018, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I'm assuming you are taking the dealers word on when the parts were ordered? There are TONS of posts here where the dealer has claimed they ordered the parts, only to have the OP call FR to find out that the dealer never ordered them.

I'd suggest you call FR and see if the dealer actually did order them.

I have 100% documented proof of what was ordered and all the communication between the dealer and FR. This is 100% on FR
Old 03-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #9

Not to mention this isn’t a warranty issue either. This is a door being paid by me through my insurance so no hoops to jump through.

Seems pretty simple to me. Receive a P.O. and ship out. If that’s too much for them then I’ve lost all faith in FR.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #10

So you never called FR parts dept yourself? Seems like your putting too much trust in your dealer. The documented communications can easily be altered or the dealer could only be showing you what they want. What FR brand do you have? If its a Rockwood/Flagstaff, I have the parts number I can share with you.

Sent from my VS988 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Nights Camped 2023 = 30
Nights Camped 2022 = 40
Old 03-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatum65 View Post
So you never called FR parts dept yourself? Seems like your putting too much trust in your dealer. The documented communications can easily be altered or the dealer could only be showing you what they want. What FR brand do you have? If its a Rockwood/Flagstaff, I have the parts number I can share with you.

Sent from my VS988 using Forest River Forums mobile app

I’ve called Patty Cooper multiple times and she doesn’t answer.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist and not try to alter truths. I’ve seen the corespondents between both the dealer and FR and they’ve actually admitted to dropping the ball to the tune of them spending almost $800 now to expedite the shipping.

I find it funny people can’t take facts at face value and admit when someone screws up. It’s always easy to put the blame on the middle man and not the big company.

I have a Rockwood 2780WS
Old 03-27-2018, 05:43 PM   #12

I do not know who Patty Cooper is. As the contact I call for Rockwood parts is Jenelle (i thinks thats how you spell her name). I think your calling the wrong person and thats why they are not returning your call. What number are you calling?

Also some dealers, not all, are notorious for lying, cheating and just plain stealing from their customers. Ask me how I know? But I have never had a problem with ordering parts from Rockwood, as I have a Rockwood 5ver myself and they have always allowed me to order directly from them without any issue. Try and get Keystone or any crappy Thor product to do that. They insist you by from a dealer at a huge markup! Again ask me how I know...LOL!
Nights Camped 2023 = 30
Nights Camped 2022 = 40
Old 03-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatum65 View Post
I do not know who Patty Cooper is. As the contact I call for Rockwood parts is Jenelle (i thinks thats how you spell her name). I think your calling the wrong person and thats why they are not returning your call. What number are you calling?

Also some dealers, not all, are notorious for lying, cheating and just plain stealing from their customers. Ask me how I know? But I have never had a problem with ordering parts from Rockwood, as I have a Rockwood 5ver myself and they have always allowed me to order directly from them without any issue. Try and get Keystone or any crappy Thor product to do that. They insist you by from a dealer at a huge markup! Again ask me how I know...LOL!

Read up a few posts above yours on here and you’ll see I’m not the only one who’s had horrible service from them. I’m glad your transactions with them have been pleasant but mine have sucked to say the least. Patty has been the one from start handling my parts and she’s failed. Again, they are now spending close to $800 for expedited shipping to help for their short comings. Need I say anymore?! Point proven.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #14

Quote:
I’ve called Patty Cooper multiple times and she doesn’t answer.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist and not try to alter truths. I’ve seen the corespondents between both the dealer and FR and they’ve actually admitted to dropping the ball to the tune of them spending almost $800 now to expedite the shipping.

I find it funny people can’t take facts at face value and admit when someone screws up. It’s always easy to put the blame on the middle man and not the big company.

I have a Rockwood 2780WS
Well, we've all read lots of "facts at face value" on this forum and they turned out to be WRONG. So see if you can find it in your heart to stop venting and let us try to help you. Otherwise, why in the heck did you post in the first place? Sounds like all you wanted to do was bitch.

Sorry, but it's a real PITA when someone jumps all over me when i tried to help them.

And frankly, you really haven't shown us ANY facts, other than hearsay. How about posting some pics of this great correspondence you have.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 03-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post

Have look at Jayco or Heartland. Both good brands as well.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:43 PM   #16

Why are you blaming "Forest River"? Sounds like your problem is with Rockwood.

I have great customer service.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 03-27-2018, 09:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Why are you blaming "Forest River"? Sounds like your problem is with Rockwood.

I have great customer service.

LOL. Do you blame “Camry” when your “Toyota” has an issue?! No, you blame Toyota.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
LOL. Do you blame “Camry” when your “Toyota” has an issue?! No, you blame Toyota.
Do you blame General Motors when your Firebird has an issue? No, you blame Pontiac.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 03-27-2018, 09:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Not a valid analogy.

I don't include Cadillac or Buick in any complaint I have about my GMC Truck.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 03-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #20

Well I’m blaming Forest River because that’s who I’ve been dealing with. And so far they’ve sucked. Take it or leave it.
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, service