Old 03-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
That gives me a little hope. Since RVW is a few hours from the Rockwood plant it may take a day or two to get there once released. I'll just have to push them to prep it if I think I will be up against our trip dates. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the new TT. Other than the screens, anything else you find wrong or need fixing.
Cecilt: I was given my offline date of April 18th yesterday, just over 8 weeks from the order date. I was told that the unit could be ready for pick up the day after the offline date.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
(Kim)

Quote:
Thanks. So, did you order from a local dealer or have to travel to get it. Did it arrive at your dealer today and you picked it up today or had it been there for awhile and it fit your schedule to get it today. Mine will be a 7 hour drive and not sure how long a dealer takes to prep them and do a pdi when they arrive. I'm already thinking our won't be here for our April 22nd trip now.
Hi!!
We ordered our 2306 on March 3 and were told it could be 8-12 weeks for delivery. The salesguy seems to think end of April is sounding good as we have booked our walk through-demo for May 14(which can be changed). I will call him soon and see if we have a VIN # yet, then we will know for sure exactly what day it will be done. There have ben alot of trailer shows lately so who knows??
We have a 3 day trip plannd for May 20 so lol I hope ours is here in time also!!!!

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #23

This is the busy season, so you would be extremely lucky to get it by the end of April.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #24
(Kim)

I was afraid of that.... =[
Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #25
(Kim)

Quote:
Great. What state are you in. My buying experience was the opposite. I shared RVW's price with 4 dealers including the one I bought our 2010 from last May. 2 would not even offer a quote as they could not compete and the other 2 were over $2k more. None of these dealers were local either(all 2 hours+ away). RVW is 7 hours. So an extra 10 hours in the Truck was worth $2k to me. Glad your local dealer was competitive but looking at RVW's price I can see why noone could touch it. They deeply discounted it.
I contacted dealers on both sides of the border for our 2306.
The best prices were generally found in the USA, as some dealers here, were asking almost 8k more.
But...
We ended up ordering from a dealer just outside Toronto (4 hours away), who gave us THE best price, the first time out. I didnt give him a price to beat...just asked for his best price, and he gave it to us. We never try and get people to match prices.
Our mentality is "why wouldnt you want to deal with the person who gave you the best price first off?"
Anyone can sharpen their pencil on a price in order to get your business, but just keep in mind that, before you negotiated, they were more than happy at having you pay more for the same product.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Our mentality is "why wouldnt you want to deal with the person who gave you the best price first off?"
Anyone can sharpen their pencil on a price in order to get your business, but just keep in mind that, before you negotiated, they were more than happy at having you pay more for the same product.[/QUOTE]

Although this worked for you this time (and congrats by the way), most people on this board and others get a better price by negotiating.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #27
(Kim)

Ty!!! And we do this for every large purchase we make, not just this one.
Even when the other person (store/dealer) says he will match our price, we decline, and give it to the original person that quoted the price , and in essence rewarding them for their un-greedyness (lol yes I know thats not a word ).
I guess because my husband is in a sales field (commercial insurance), is the reason why we think like this.
Nothing irks him more then when he does a tonne of work for a client, gives them an awesome price, and then all they do is take it to somewhere else to get their initial price lower. Hes like..."why do they want to deal with the guy that they had to kick in the balls to get a lower price?"
Idk...doesnt seem fair to me, but thats my perogative.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #28

Labzy, that is a bit of a surprise that you got the best price in Canada.
We were just at the local RV show, and ran into a salesman from the dealer we tried to buy our Flagstaff from. I told him we tried to buy from them, even offering $2000 more than what we were quoted in the US from a regular dealer in Minneapolis. He said that they probably couldn't do that even today, even though our dollar has gone up 5% since then.
I realise that our costs are higher due to taxes and health care costs, but there is a limit.
I wanted to buy local, but for more than $2000 difference?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #29
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Labzy, that is a bit of a surprise that you got the best price in Canada.
We were just at the local RV show, and ran into a salesman from the dealer we tried to buy our Flagstaff from. I told him we tried to buy from them, even offering $2000 more than what we were quoted in the US from a regular dealer in Minneapolis. He said that they probably couldn't do that even today, even though our dollar has gone up 5% since then.
I realise that our costs are higher due to taxes and health care costs, but there is a limit.
I wanted to buy local, but for more than $2000 difference?
I was just as surprised as you are!!!!
Although, we didnt really 'buy local', our dealer is outside Toronto, so it's a 4 hour drive each way. We also were told about how Canadian dealers can't offer the same pricings as their US competitors, d/t labour costs, property taxes...etc. But... we ended up ordering from a Canadaian dealer.
I think however, the difference is that this dealer carries only Rockwood, and in order to keep their numbers up, they might sell a few units at a lower cost.
Funny little side remark here: I was surprised at a conversation I had with FR. They really push buying 'local' even if it means paying 2-3k more for the same product. They cannot make dealers honour the warranty work if the unit was not bought at that dealership, and it seems obvious that FR has had many issues with clients regarding this. I dont however think this warrants spending more of my hard earned money than I need to, for the same product. Perhaps FR should try and implement the same kind of warranty servicing practices that car manufacturers use.
Thats my story and Im sticking to it.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
I was just as surprised as you are!!!!
Although, we didnt really 'buy local', our dealer is outside Toronto, so it's a 4 hour drive each way. We also were told about how Canadian dealers can't offer the same pricings as their US competitors, d/t labour costs, property taxes...etc. But... we ended up ordering from a Canadaian dealer.
I think however, the difference is that this dealer carries only Rockwood, and in order to keep their numbers up, they might sell a few units at a lower cost.
Funny little side remark here: I was surprised at a conversation I had with FR. They really push buying 'local' even if it means paying 2-3k more for the same product. They cannot make dealers honour the warranty work if the unit was not bought at that dealership, and it seems obvious that FR has had many issues with clients regarding this. I dont however think this warrants spending more of my hard earned money than I need to, for the same product. Perhaps FR should try and implement the same kind of warranty servicing practices that car manufacturers use.
Thats my story and Im sticking to it.
No mfr requiress a dealer that sells any brand of RV to do warranty work even if you buy from them. Complete opposite than the auto industry. It makes no sense that a dealer that sells Rockwood or Keystone could turn you down for warranty work but they can and it won't be a blemish on their record. They might loose you for future sales/service so they need to weigh those factors. I don't think many will turn down warranty work. Work is work and if they do a good job they will probably earn your service work after the measley 1 year warranty expires.