Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Nope, no seeing it till then. But I will have the salesguy check it out and make sure they got all the order right.
Now, if it would only stop raining here, I could empty out the shed at the end of our driveway, and move it so we have somewhere to park the trailer ;p
I love leaving things to the last minute :/
oh Gosh, it has not stopped raining here either!!!! IM SO sick of rain!!!!!
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #122

Ordered ours on 4-16 and were told 4-6 weeks for delivery. Today I heard from the dealer that since the 3008 Windjammer is supposedly the most popular TT in America right now, it's going to be at least the first week of June before we can even get a firm offline date confirmation.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #123

Had a voice mail from my dealer while was at lunch. Our camper is ready at the factory!! He is PERSONALLY driving down to get it. It's only a 4 hour drive, but still, I'm really impressed that he is going to go get it without me mentioning it. We may be able to pick it up TOMORROW!! Yea!!! I'm so excited. We ordered it March 9th, so we're at 10 weeks, 2 days. Hope to post photos sometime this weekend, if everything comes together.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #124
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Had a voice mail from my dealer while was at lunch. Our camper is ready at the factory!! He is PERSONALLY driving down to get it. It's only a 4 hour drive, but still, I'm really impressed that he is going to go get it without me mentioning it. We may be able to pick it up TOMORROW!! Yea!!! I'm so excited. We ordered it March 9th, so we're at 10 weeks, 2 days. Hope to post photos sometime this weekend, if everything comes together.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
She meant our dealer.
I HIGHLY RECCOMEND Roskopfs RV in Menomonee Falls WI. A small dealer but he's bent over backwards so far that he can see in front of him again
Old 05-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #126
Moderator Emeritus

That is pretty cool!!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #127

Called the dealer for an update as the offline date was May 17th. Was told that when they see it show up on their lot they will call me. Seemed like bad customer service to me, you can't see if it has left the factory yet! This is the 1st time I called since ordering the trailer. We exchanged 2 emails. I did not want to be one of those customers that called every day to check status! I am wondering if I can call the factory and find out if the transportation company has picked it up. I am guessing no! Has anyone tried that? I don't want it sitting at the factory for the whole summer, I will bail on the deal and go buy a different trailer before I loose my camping season.
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #128

Our build date was May 19th. Dealer called me THE NEXT DAY, said the camper was done and passed inspection and was ready to be delivered AND we could pick it up on Saturday. This was at around 1pm on Friday. our dealer said if they couldn't reach one of their normal delivery drivers, he would drive down and get it himself! We're only 233 mile from the factory....but not to worry, by 3pm, our TT was on the dealer's lot! Then I had to call our lender and our insurance agent. I needed the VIN #, so I had to call the dealer; owner (our salesperson) was out delivering trailers and the guy left in the shop said he didn't know how to find that info. So I called Forest River and after two connections, got to the correct voice mail box. That contact called me back within the hour. Roughly 4 1/2 hours later we were at our lender picking up the check and signing the paperwork. 20 hours after the call on Friday, we were taking our walk through on the Rockwood. And exactly 24 hours after the whirling started on Friday, we were driving into our driveway with our new 8293RKSS. can life get any better than this? Our dealer was disappointed though, because there was one TT he couldn't deliver by Memorial Day, so the dealership RENTED her a unit so she can at least go out, but he seemed so dejected when he said, "but it won't be HER camper." I cannot say enough good things about Roskopf's RV in Menomonee Falls, WI. They have gone "above and beyond" and made our very first TT purchase such a positive experience. There was no pressure to buy the pricey add-on's like Scotchguard, paint protector, black streak protector, vent covers, etc. In fact, the price he gave us in an e-mail in January was the price we paid - PERIOD.

And did I mention that my hubby made the mistake of stopping at the local Dodge dealer for an un-related item and saw the truck we had been dreaming about? It was everything we wanted -diesel, 2500 dodge ram, 4x4, 8-foot bed, running boards. We hadn't planned on purchasing for another year. The truck had just come in and was in the shop for photos. So on Friday before going to our lender, we picked up a new to us 2006 Dodge Ram with 50,000 miles.

Life cannot get any better than this at the moment. So my advice to you is to call Forest River. I don't know if you'll reach anyone there on a Sunday. The phone number is 574-389-4600. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #129

Thank you for the phone number, I will call on Monday. It is 1565 miles from my dealer to the factory. It is then another 200 miles from my house to the dealer! The shipping charges are already worked into the total cost and I have paid a hefty chunk down already!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #130
I just tow the TT for DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamp k View Post
Finally got a VIN# from our dealer today, but we still don't have an offline date yet. May 17th will make 7 weeks since our order went in. Emailed the dealer to see if they are going to send someone up to get our trailer if it should be ready soon and nobody is willing to bring it down to the dealer. We'll see what they say. We've already canceled our Memorial Day trip, and hope we don't have to start canceling our June trips too.

UPDATE: Quick email response from our dealer (gotta love a fast response). I had mentioned the stories of trailers just sitting there waiting to be picked up and delivered because nobody was delivering due to the gas prices. Here is the response to my email:
"We have a company that is going to get them because of that very reason. Once it is offline, it is about a week at the most. That company is bringing us 5 so far this month so we didn’t have to wait."
Got an email from our salesman tonight that they are picking up our Windjammer this Friday, and we can come next Tuesday, May 31st, for the walk-through and pick up. Woot!

Next Tuesday will make exactly 9 weeks from the date our order was placed. Even though we'll miss out on Memorial Day camping, at least we won't need to cancel our Hatteras reservations in June! Talk about withdrawal, we usually start camping in mid March, go for a week in April from Spring Break, and another trip for Mother's Day weekend, so we've usually got 3-4 trips in already by this time of year. We have not camped since last October!

Can't wait to get back in the swing of things!

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #131

The trailer arrived at my Dealer today! I am going down to pick it up Friday. Maybe the concerns over the RV transport company's are incorrect, or better yet maybe the "Hot Ship," option really works. Memorial Day Camp out!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #132

That is GREAT news!! We're heading out this afternoon for the long weekend. After tenting for 20+ years, this will be such a culture shock - but one I'm going to really, really, enjoy!

Have a great time and enjoy your new TT!!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #133
I just tow the TT for DW!

Our 2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 arrived at the dealer today! I have to say that I have been pretty impressed with our dealer, Dodd RV in Yorktown, VA. Not only did they send a driver to go get our trailer, but our salesman called today to let us know they had it, AND he emailed us a video of the unit. They've started the PDI prep as evident on the video, and they are bringing someone in over the weekend to finish the prep since we're scheduled to pick it up on Tuesday, and they are closed for Memorial Day. Our salesman remained in contact with us over the 8 weeks it took and provided us with updates as he had information to share. Best we can tell on the video, everything appears correct as far as colors and options. We did notice on the 2012 that the awning has been repositioned and now extends over and past the rear entry door, whereas the 2011 models we had looked at, the awning only extended to the rear door, but did not cover or go past it.

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #134

We got it home! What a trip 40mph winds, 60 mph gusts, with heavy rain and snow in spots. The trailer did great. It is huge, a lot bigger then I expected. The truck pulled it ok, we ran into some tranny issues climbing over the pass out of Helena, Montana. I can reprogram my shift points and hopefully fix the problem.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMT View Post
We got it home! What a trip 40mph winds, 60 mph gusts, with heavy rain and snow in spots. The trailer did great. It is huge, a lot bigger then I expected. The truck pulled it ok, we ran into some tranny issues climbing over the pass out of Helena, Montana. I can reprogram my shift points and hopefully fix the problem.
Awesome. Hey, open up your living room slide and see if you have any wet carpet back by the pantry in front of the u dinette seat. We have had to caulk and re-caulk the underside above the tires. Water coming off the TT tires was someone finding a way in the TT and getting the carpet wet(not saturated but wet enough to notice). No leaks when raining just from the splashing of the tires. Report back if you have the same issue if you don't mind. tks
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
Awesome. Hey, open up your living room slide and see if you have any wet carpet back by the pantry in front of the u dinette seat. We have had to caulk and re-caulk the underside above the tires. Water coming off the TT tires was someone finding a way in the TT and getting the carpet wet(not saturated but wet enough to notice). No leaks when raining just from the splashing of the tires. Report back if you have the same issue if you don't mind. tks
Not a drop of water, and the water was definitely splashing off the tires for 4 hours. It was the 1st spot I checked when I got home as I read your original post a week or so ago. I think you may have a bigger problem that Forest River may need to address. Has it happened again since the caulked it?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMT View Post
Not a drop of water, and the water was definitely splashing off the tires for 4 hours. It was the 1st spot I checked when I got home as I read your original post a week or so ago. I think you may have a bigger problem that Forest River may need to address. Has it happened again since the caulked it?
It happend on other time and the roads were just wet and not raining and when it did rain while camping no leaking at all so the logical conclusion is water is finding its way in when the roads are wet from the tires. I took it to CW after it happened the 2nd time and they added more caulk to areas. We have not driven in the rain since they did this but it has rained while camping and once again no issues. We'll see if they were able to get the right spots. Glad yours is bone dry which gives me hope it is not a design flaw.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #138

The Rockwood factory (which I toured in 2010) builds several types of trailers, 5th wheels, trailers, toy haulers, etc. They may be currently building 5th wheels and then will have to retool for trailers after the run of 5th whells (which are usually pre-ordered ). They have already gotten your orders and are planning and ordering parts for the next type vehicle they build. If you order a trailer they then plan and start making sidewalls, sides, floors, and interior wals and all the equipment for it. But, production will not start until they finish running the style currently being made. All different styles and types are made in the same building but they do not mix 5th wheels and trailers in the same production run. They start with the bare wheeled frame from Dexter? or other mfg being pulled into the sliding bay at one end of the building. On the first bay they place the holding tanks, run trailer wiring and then slide the frame sideways to the next station (there are over 30 stations) where the floor is installed with cutouts for plumbing, etc. Next station a wall will be installed. They might then install some cabinetry. Then slide on to the next station. Until it has gone through all stations (ends, walls, electronics, elect, cieling, etc and gets final leak detection wash, weighing, and factory VIN label.
Pretty neat but since they make so many variations of trailers with different floorplans in the same run then every trailer is unique.

That, my friends, is why it takes so long to get your trailer unless you are lucky to find your dealer has the one you want when you want it.

Jim & Eileen
Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3 ltr, prodigy controller.
2009 Rockwood 2604.

Running mates Max & Kate Chihuahua's

Hobie Kayaks on Thule rack on truck

Retired Army EOD
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeeter View Post
The Rockwood factory (which I toured in 2010) builds several types of trailers, 5th wheels, trailers, toy haulers, etc. They may be currently building 5th wheels and then will have to retool for trailers after the run of 5th whells (which are usually pre-ordered ). They have already gotten your orders and are planning and ordering parts for the next type vehicle they build. If you order a trailer they then plan and start making sidewalls, sides, floors, and interior wals and all the equipment for it. But, production will not start until they finish running the style currently being made. All different styles and types are made in the same building but they do not mix 5th wheels and trailers in the same production run. They start with the bare wheeled frame from Dexter? or other mfg being pulled into the sliding bay at one end of the building. On the first bay they place the holding tanks, run trailer wiring and then slide the frame sideways to the next station (there are over 30 stations) where the floor is installed with cutouts for plumbing, etc. Next station a wall will be installed. They might then install some cabinetry. Then slide on to the next station. Until it has gone through all stations (ends, walls, electronics, elect, cieling, etc and gets final leak detection wash, weighing, and factory VIN label.
Pretty neat but since they make so many variations of trailers with different floorplans in the same run then every trailer is unique.

That, my friends, is why it takes so long to get your trailer unless you are lucky to find your dealer has the one you want when you want it.
Not so sure about this. My unit that my dealer got an offline date was exactly 2 weeks later than a unit with an earlier offline date and my dealer was able to get Rockwood to give them this unit as they promised me 7 weeks and mine was going to take 9. Therefore, if what you say is how they do it it would take considerably longer than the typical 8 weeks to get a unit once ordered. There are multiple models (not floor plans) of TT's, 5th wheels, hybrids, popups etc within the Rockwood line. Your post would leave someone to believe that it would take months once they went through all the lines. Example, TT's have mini lites, signature ultralights, ultralights etc. I don't think they need to retool a line. They take orders as they come and build them. Maybe since you toured they changed their process.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #140

- Order date: 4-16-11 (Estimated delivery 4-6 weeks when we signed contract)
- Offline date: 6-15-11 (finally received this on 6-3-11)
- Delivery date: ???

I asked for a off-the-record guesstimate, but our dealer won't even ballpark it for us, which I think is kind of odd. Wouldn't he know how long it typically takes between offline and delivery?