Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Ratchet strap or bungee cord them together. Maybe back to back.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #22

I thought maybe there was a method of strapping them so they don't scoot and get torn up against the door or cabinets. ??

They won't fit except one stacked upside-down on the other.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

One with back on floor and the other with back up on top of the one on the floor with a rug between them and strapped together.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #24

2604s chairs

Another issue we've noticed is the screen on the rear window is "poked out" from the left corner of the back of the chair closest to the door banging into the screen.
wjrdmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #25

2016 2604ws

We have the same chairs in our 2016, we actually took on of the chairs out and put in the house for safe keeping. My wife likes the couch and I like the chair. I added some plastic guards to the back of the chair that protect the back edges from the little table in the corner. Our first trip in rubbed on the edge of the little table and cause a small hole in the covering. One thing to note the swivel mechanism is mounted on a solid piece of wood on the bottom of the chair which is great until you mind out the wood is only stapled together and the more you set in it the more it squeaks from the staples pulling out. I totally rebuilt ours so it is great now. Glue and screws did the trick, also spoke to FR about the quality of manufacture of the new chairs. while I was at it i also put some slider material on the feet to make it easy to slide around and not scratch the flooring.

We just use the factory straps and turn it sideways against the back wall and strap it down.
Lazyboy Recliner replaced Back two chairs.....
J-N-D Wtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #26

Factory Straps ??
Old 06-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #27

My 5th wheel has tie down hooks along the wall.
rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #28
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Our 8529IKBS has two recliners at the back wall.
It has factory tie downs at the bottom of the rear wall with a tie down strap attached to them with a buckle in the center. We put the two recliners back to back, bring the strap up over the arms and fasten where the backs come together. No rocking and no moving when traveling. But for extra insurance, on the one recliner, we do put a pool noodle over the lever (which faces the wall) just in case.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:00 AM   #29

Good information everyone. We are looking to upgrade to a 2604WS and was wondering about this.
kdp1897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #30

Our trailer is at the storage lot, but I do not think we have any strap or hooks to attach it to.

We called Rockwood customer service today.

I would like them to tell me how they expect an elderly retired person to lift an 80# chair and turn it upside down on the other chair without injury.
BTW....Don't let this sway you in your decision to buy this model trailer. Although disappointed with the after sale communication from the dealer where we bought the trailer, and the poor design idea of the large chairs, the overall quality of the trailer is good, and we are happy with the purchase.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:40 AM   #31

Straps

Our 2604 came with 2 factory straps that are just inside the door (left side as you walk in) that attach to two shorter straps that hook into a small D ring screwed into the floor about the middle of the window. You are supposed to do as previously stated flip one chair into the other and put the straps over them and snug them down to keep them from moving.

Now with all that said if you don't have the straps you are not missing much. the straps are good for holding one chair but I doubt they would hold the second chair upside down very well. Like I stated before we took one chair out since my wife likes the couch much better and it gives us a lot of room when we walk into the trailer and the light straps work well for one chair.

If I were going to keep both chairs in it I would replace the D rings with much bigger ones and use a nice little ratcheting strap to snug them down.

One other thing to keep in mind that when you snug them down make sure you have some protective padding between the chair back and the little corner table. It it rubs it will cut through the fabric very quickly. I installed a couple of pieces of white plastic cutting board i cut up with the table saw and screwed them to the back of the chair to make sure it didn't rub anymore.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #32

Ours came directly from the factory. I have done plenty of PDI's during my time in the RV business, so didn't feel the need of a dealer here in California. Not sure what the dealer in Ohio does for a PDI ?? Not much. All of the tanks (including propane), were empty. Except for a little anti-freeze.

The chairs were wrapped in plastic and stacked on top of one another, so I think the dealer didn't touch them. The transport driver said that the unit was locked at the dealer and unopened during the trip out to California and I believe him from the looks of the couch thrown out into the isle and the damage to the chairs by the small counters in the corner.

What's in those little counters ?? Thinking about removing them.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #33

We have the same trailer but 2015 and we also have the fixed dinette.
When we picked up our trailer the chairs were just as you described, on top of each other. This put a dent in the seat of the bottom chair which never full came out.
Do you really need the second recliner? It isn't very practical because it sits behind the counter. We took ours out of the camper and only use the one recliner. There is plenty of seating without.
Missdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #34

Little tables

The little table on the street side near the couch is what covers the electrical connection device for your shore power cable. Not sure what the one by the door covers up but I bet there is something under there.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #35

If there is aluminum frame in those little tables, I am wondering if it is structural ?? Like a bracket to support wall movement. ??

I would like to modify them to make them smaller, but the little guy inside my head says "NO !"
Old 06-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #36

We were at the trailer today installing the new digital thermostat. While we were at it, we wrestled the chairs and tried to fit them every which-a-way.

We found only one way they would fit. The chairs are tapered with the larger width at the front and the narrow width at the rear. So, we alternated them to fit. The privacy screen must be up.....
.tight fit !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	110965  
Old 06-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #37

Do they set side by side? In my jammer they do and we have a tie down strap that is anchored to the wall. Slide them in, hook straps together and pull tight. Secured. Not sure why yours didn't come with that. Unless it was finished on Friday or something.

Rusty
Rigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #38

On my 3001W the recliners go back to back and then I have to put a strap around them, this way they can't keep rocking into the side of the trailer and there's room for the slide to go in.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel