Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 2,210
Plus some of the language in some of what they call music today is not fit for mixed company !!!
__________________

__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Plus some of the language in some of what they call music today is not fit for mixed company !!!
skip the "Parental Advisory" and go to a "Human Being Advisory" some of that Rap Crap is so bad... it should be outlawed and is in many countries.
__________________

__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
skip the "Parental Advisory" and go to a "Human Being Advisory" some of that Rap Crap is so bad... it should be outlawed and is in many countries.
RIGHT ON !!!
It is outlawed in this house !!!
If and when it comes on the TV,,, I hit the MUTE BUTTOM !!!
Each to there own I guess,,, but not my world !!!
__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Hmm. I'm 53 and I like bass. I've loved it in live music for decades and love it in movies where it replicates real life sound and feel. I take it you guys get pissed about thunder, too. When the T-Rex walks in Jurassic park and shakes the glass in the movie, I want it to shake the glass in my hand, too.

Subwoofers mounted under seats are the best, as they don't have to be turned up too loud to feel them. I'll have to look into that for mine.

I agree about the language, though.
__________________
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS
2002 Suburban 2500 LT w/8.1 tow rig.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Benbrook, Tx
Posts: 218
It's my opinion that the reason these guys play their bass up so loud is just to get reactions from us old people. It's like they dare you to say something. I have said something and they have turned it down.

But this is only while on duty. I ain't crazy cause they might be.
__________________
Dwayne and Susan
Jiro and Phoebe-4 legged family members
Mike and Dana - Traveling buddies
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Hmm. I'm 53 and I like bass. I've loved it in live music for decades and love it in movies where it replicates real life sound and feel. I take it you guys get pissed about thunder, too. When the T-Rex walks in Jurassic park and shakes the glass in the movie, I want it to shake the glass in my hand, too.

Subwoofers mounted under seats are the best, as they don't have to be turned up too loud to feel them. I'll have to look into that for mine.

I agree about the language, though.
I've been 38 for 25 years and I like bass too..."my bass" not "your bass"...
__________________
2016 Microlite 21DS
2014 Ram 1500 QC 6 cyl. 8 spd.
Blue Ox SwayPro
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 2,210
Every one has the right to listen to what they want,,, but they do not have the right to make me listen to there choices !!!
__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Hmm. I'm 53 and I like bass. I've loved it in live music for decades and love it in movies where it replicates real life sound and feel. I take it you guys get pissed about thunder, too. When the T-Rex walks in Jurassic park and shakes the glass in the movie, I want it to shake the glass in my hand, too.

Subwoofers mounted under seats are the best, as they don't have to be turned up too loud to feel them. I'll have to look into that for mine.

I agree about the language, though.
I remember the movie Earthquake with surround sound being released. the old woman who lived in the apartment above the theatre called 911 every time teh theatre shook for the first 2 nights it played until she finally got it that it was the speakers below her.
__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayneb236 View Post
It's my opinion that the reason these guys play their bass up so loud is just to get reactions from us old people. It's like they dare you to say something. I have said something and they have turned it down.

But this is only while on duty. I ain't crazy cause they might be.
I just roll my windows down and blast them with Talk Radio.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I just roll my windows down and blast them with Talk Radio.
I'd take bass over Rush any day...
__________________

__________________
2016 Microlite 21DS
2014 Ram 1500 QC 6 cyl. 8 spd.
Blue Ox SwayPro
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sink

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.