Old 11-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #1

HW 296

Hi. I was just looking for some info from other folks about the value of an 2013 rockwood HW296 camper. I ordered my rv from the dealer. We ordered it with every option available. The add a room as well as the gas grill has never been out of the box's. We have never used the hanging storage things as well. The camper has always been stored in the garage when not being used. Over all the camper is in mint condition. I am going to put the camper up for sale, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the value would be to sell. I have had back surgery and can no longer perform the task of putting it up and down. I need to go to an upright rv. The new 2015 model is being offered by most dealers around $17.900 I would appreciate any input.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld

You would end up being upside down selling a trailer this early. I would talk to the dealer where you bought it from, and if you are serious about getting another RV, they would be the ones to give you the better deal. I'm sure some sales person would be willing to give you more than trade in value for it to make another sale.

I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
You would end up being upside down selling a trailer this early. I would talk to the dealer where you bought it from, and if you are serious about getting another RV, they would be the ones to give you the better deal. I'm sure some sales person would be willing to give you more than trade in value for it to make another sale.
I see this model selling all over the country for anywhere between 14,000 and 17,000 used. A dealer is only going to offer me around 10,000 on a trade in,and jack the price up on the new rv
Old 11-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris1 View Post
Hi. I was just looking for some info from other folks about the value of an 2013 rockwood HW296 camper. I ordered my rv from the dealer. We ordered it with every option available. The add a room as well as the gas grill has never been out of the box's. We have never used the hanging storage things as well. The camper has always been stored in the garage when not being used. Over all the camper is in mint condition. I am going to put the camper up for sale, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the value would be to sell. I have had back surgery and can no longer perform the task of putting it up and down. I need to go to an upright rv. The new 2015 model is being offered by most dealers around $17.900 I would appreciate any input.

I was just interested in that because I am losing space to store my 2012 Shasta Revere 27RLSS but looking at this model or Rockwood Roo because they are 3-4 feet shorter and fit my need as I only use it for sleeping, love my TT but either have to go to HW296 or Popup

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #5

Classified

If anyone is interested I have it listed for sale in the classified section in this forum