Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #11

Hello Bob. We are presently in south Taxas and will be heading home soon. I've asked Mr Holowell the factory rep if I can bring my trailer to the factory so that they can evaluate the problems first hand. Will keep you all posted. Regards Serge

Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #12

If I were you, I'd consider going back to a traditional aluminum sided trailer. Might not look as good to some, but you sure do eliminate a lot of potential issues IMHO. We've had 2 Palomino Puma's in the family since late 2011 and have just ordered a 2014. So far we've been very pleased with the construction. I was in every nook and cranny of our last one and saw very few things that weren't done to my satisfaction- and I'm quite a perfectionist. There is actually very little weight difference in an aluminum sided trailer and a "lite" trailer in my experience.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac rv View Post
Hello Bob. We are presently in south Taxas and will be heading home soon. I've asked Mr Holowell the factory rep if I can bring my trailer to the factory so that they can evaluate the problems first hand. Will keep you all posted. Regards Serge

Good Luck Mac!! If you are hooked up to FR Corporate now you should be in good hands - at that level what they do NOT want is bad PR and frankly swapping your lemon rig with a fully loaded 8289WS/Diamond Package and some sort of reasonable compensation for all that you have been through is advertising budget dust to a business the size of FR.

P.S. Take a look at my new thread "Open Letter to the RV Industry"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #14

Thanks for the replys.

Mac, I wish you luck. Sheila is no longer with FR, she moved onto greener pastures last October. A week after we had out rig there last. I do agree with HSVBamaBob that once you get to corporate level things should improve. With that said I never had any problems with the dealer just the trailer.

HSVBamaBob, I took ownership of a 2014 Wildcat 317RL last night. I did take a hit but the dealer was pretty fair with us. Although I will not say anything bad about Rockwood/Flagstaff I decided I did not want to try another light weight. The Wildcat does not have nearly as many cool things as the Rockwood but it is built on a heavy frame with heavier components so I am hopeful I will have better luck.

Mac, Floyde Miller is the manager of the repair facility and a real good guy and I believe Fred is his older brother's name, he is the manager of the production plant. Overall I was very happy with the way the people at the factory took care of things.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #15
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
If I were you, I'd consider going back to a traditional aluminum sided trailer. Might not look as good to some, but you sure do eliminate a lot of potential issues IMHO. We've had 2 Palomino Puma's in the family since late 2011 and have just ordered a 2014. So far we've been very pleased with the construction. I was in every nook and cranny of our last one and saw very few things that weren't done to my satisfaction- and I'm quite a perfectionist. There is actually very little weight difference in an aluminum sided trailer and a "lite" trailer in my experience.
I couldn't agree more. When delam occurs on the fiberglass, it's all or nothing entire wall replacement and very expensive. Try to get an insurance co. to say it isn't a maintenance issue. With alum. sided, one can fix a section at much lower cost. Plus, the feedback from the Puma owners seem above average here in the forum. Still have my eye on a Puma destination unit (seasonal) , but anticipate possibly changing locations when I finish grad school, so holding off. Puma is my first choice and so is traditional sided.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #16

Thank you to all. I had a Puma before the Windjammer and hands down was a better trailer for sure. Still waiting to hear back from the factory. Will keep you posted. Most of the rv friends that I know who have a Rockwood have soft floors. Very scary indeed. Bob how is your 8289ws working out? Hopefully it will be a good unit for you. My Windjammer has taken way too much time and energy from us. It has really soured my taste for the rv lifestyle.Serge
Old 04-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #17

Hello to you all. We have heard back from Mr.Hollowell at FR. Fr warranty has agreed to replace the floor in our 2013 3008w trailer. This is truly a major concern for us not to mention the incredible inconvenience. This trailer meets all of the criteria for a lemon. We have no faith in this product. The factory is trying to do the right thing but. Bob I might need the name of your lawyer. We sent back a reply outlining our concerns and are waiting to hear back. Will keep you posted. Serge
Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #18

Good luck Mac. We went through the same thing with the main floor and the curbside slide floor. The frame rail on the curbside was twisting causing the main floor to rise toward the center and drop along the outer edge. After the second trip back to Indianna to correct the main floor/frame issue we took the unit out a couple of weeks ago to find the wall was about an 1/8 of an inch away from the floor in the curbside slide.

We took the hit and got rid of the unit.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #19

Hello. We are heading home on the 13th April and will stop at the factory. We have decided to take the trailer home to off load and ship the trailer back to Millersburg for a complete floor replacement. My 2013 3008w has had so many issues that I'm very concerned about this level of repairs. Thanks Bama Bob, jeepman and bodzcamper for your comments and help. Will keep you posted. Not a happy camper. Serge