Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
OK,

I got our trailer out of storage yesterday for several reasons. I got it home and that's when the "idiocracy" started. Turns out that the hitch gets stubborn when the TV and the TT are not lined up straight. The ball wouldn't drop..... ok. Turns out my GFI to the house where I plug my TT is rated lower than the draw on the TT. No popped fuse in the TT.... OK. The electric water heater switch was OFF on the outside and not affected by the popped house GFI that's why it wouldn't work..... OK. The propane side of the water heater only works when the propane is actually turned on....... OK. Once I had all this "figured out" it was over an hour just to park my TT in my driveway!!!

I have a lot to learn.


Marty
2016 Rockwood 2703WS SAPHIRE
2011 F150 EB SCAB/Tow Package
As a new bee my self, I thought my fifth wheel RV was trying to kill me. I kept hitting my head on the bedroom slider until a friendly neighbor told me about covering the corners with plastic swim tubes. Makes hitting your head a lot more softer. Then I found out always ask for help.

EB
__________________

__________________
mexicoinsuranceeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
It seems every spring, whether a newbie or not, there are always stories of "why isn't this working?" or "what did I do wrong?", and the answer is usually very simple and turns out to be a "DOH" moment.
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #13
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
It seems every spring, whether a newbie or not, there are always stories of "why isn't this working?" or "what did I do wrong?", and the answer is usually very simple and turns out to be a "DOH" moment.
Very true. We made a sticky this year for one of these exact things:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...st-103381.html
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 6
Thank you for that hot water heater link, we just had our maiden voyage this weekend and had that exact issue, the crossover valve got me!

I love this site already!!
__________________
Kawacycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #15
ARLO
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: N Chili, NY
Posts: 557
Better there than at the campground on your first trip!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
OK,

I got our trailer out of storage yesterday for several reasons. I got it home and that's when the "idiocracy" started. Turns out that the hitch gets stubborn when the TV and the TT are not lined up straight. The ball wouldn't drop..... ok. Turns out my GFI to the house where I plug my TT is rated lower than the draw on the TT. No popped fuse in the TT.... OK. The electric water heater switch was OFF on the outside and not affected by the popped house GFI that's why it wouldn't work..... OK. The propane side of the water heater only works when the propane is actually turned on....... OK. Once I had all this "figured out" it was over an hour just to park my TT in my driveway!!!

I have a lot to learn.

Marty
2016 Rockwood 2703WS SAPHIRE
2011 F150 EB SCAB/Tow Package
__________________
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 505
Make yourself checklists They will serve you well. I have several.
__________________
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
sledhead77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 137
My newbie experience, stupid power stab jacks! I thought they could "level" the trailer! I had no blocks on hand to level the camper so our first night camping I spent smashed against the wall with my wife on top of me! LOL
__________________
2015 Keystone Cougar 29ROB (wait, can I still be on here??)
TV: 2016 Ram HD 6.4 Hemi 4.10s dual exhaust



sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #18
Member
 
genehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 52
As you do that stuff write it down, make a checklist. That worked for me.
__________________
genehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #19
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,295
Yep, we have a checklist right by the door.
Even after 10 years, I still go by it with setup and takedown.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Tom48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead77 View Post
My newbie experience, stupid power stab jacks! I thought they could "level" the trailer! I had no blocks on hand to level the camper so our first night camping I spent smashed against the wall with my wife on top of me! LOL

Sounds good to me
__________________

__________________
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.