Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Ours was out of warranty and they sold me a replacement at about half of what the Aerobed unit cost.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #22

So... we're thinking about adding an air bed option to replace our existing and very thin mattress in the fold out sofa in the living room. Are there direct factory replacements? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff
JayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #23
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRay View Post
So... we're thinking about adding an air bed option to replace our existing and very thin mattress in the fold out sofa in the living room. Are there direct factory replacements? Any suggestions?
Jeff,

So, from your post I think you are saying you want to remove the thin mattress completely and use an inflatable mattress in it place.

I think that trying to retro-engineer the mattress to fold up with the bed would be out of the question. The mattress designed to do that from Flair had/has "pinch" issues that they addressed with a modified "bag" that the mattress folds into before you close it up. (Mine was an initial MOD A sofa bed - no bag)

The principle of "Occam's Razor" suggests that the simplest solution to your problem will be the best one.

IMO, the simplest is to either buy a queen sized Aerobed and store it under the main bedroom storage bed or call Flair and tell them you have an out of warranty damaged queen sized mattress you want to replace.

While the costs are similar (if you buy the Aerobed at a warehouse store), in my opinion the quality and comfort of the Flair mattress exceeds that of the Aerobed.

Good luck with your project.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #24

I have had a good deal of problems with mine in our 2009 Rockwood 8313SS, but always small holes. After about 3-4 repairs I decided just recently to contact Flair Interiors (manufacturers) and they were EXTREMELY helpful.

I talked with Alan at Flair (574) 534-2163x 103 and he was very helpful and purchased a replacement for much less than I could have purchased from your local WM or other Big Box store. He was also very helpful in providing me a better way to store the mattress other than inside the fold-away bed.

I was very impressed by their support on a product that is over 3-years old.

Welcome to Flair Interiors. We specialize in Home, RV and Van Conversion Furniture. We are located in Northern Indiana.
texasclarks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #25

We just completed 6 nights in our Rockwood. Both my wife and I thought the inflatable mattress was more comfortable than the standard mattress in the bedroom so we switched with the grand kids. Having the larger tv was a plus also.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #26
Wanna Be Camper

We love ours, it worked great the 1st year but it had the typicaly slow leak while we were in Ontario so I emailed our dealers service dep and she mentioned the valve being a bit loose as a possiblity so checked and all was good till a corner seam opened up this year while we were in SD. Again my dealer came through and replaced it no questions asked and it was just off warranty. BTW anyone who has slept on ours thinks it is very comfy.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #27

Replacement Inflatable Mattress for Salem

We also have a slow leak on one of our mattresses. Does anyone know what size the inflatable mattress is for the Salem Grand Villa line. (ours is the Grand Villa Loft) Is it a Queen or Short Queen? I saw an inflatable mattress with great reviews on amazon called
SimplySleeper SS-54Q. Reviewers say it's quite comfortable and durable. But I wasn't sure if the couch is a short queen or standard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
Why are they using inflated beds in trailers. We had some inflated beds when we camped with tents and I found that they were the most unconfortables beds to own and they dont keep their air. When it is cold the pressure is too low and when it is hot they get overinflated. What a pain!!!!
MoleTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #28
Paul & Sheri

The first time we tried ours it deflated in half the night. It was sent back a month ago and we've been using a 10 year old Coleman since.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #29
Paul & Sheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwb01 View Post
The first time we tried ours it deflated in half the night. It was sent back a month ago and we've been using a 10 year old Coleman since.
It took about a month and our RV dealer called and the replacement was ready to pick up. It's been three days now and it's still inflated fully with about 60# of weight on it. Looks good. I like the mattress and the couch. It was disappointing but the dealer and the manufacutrer made good as quickly as I could hope for.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #30

My parents just had the same thing happen on their first trip out. My dad decided to sleep in the livingroom on the air mattress cause it was "cooler" out there (mother likes it warmer back in the bedroom) and said he woke up 5 times throughout the night laying flat on the pull-out bed...lol. Uncomfortable to say the least. Too bad it was the first day of a week long trip too! He sweated out the remainder of the trip and called mfr about the bed upon getting home. He discovered that the mattress had (5) small holes...all where it got folded up, apparently incorrectly not using the attached bag. Mfr directed him to Flair...he did have to pay for the replacement as they just bought their camper second hand so no warranty. Bed arrived in just a few days...super nice people at Flair. They did tell my dad that folding it back up IN the bag is key to avoiding any pinch holes. We'll see how it goes...we are all going camping Labor Day weekend...I know he's counting on sleeping in the LR!

Roger & Dawn M.
2011 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8315BSS
2004 Ford Excursion
Nights camped in 2011: 27
Nights camped in 2012: 34
Look'in To Ecapé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
Site Team - Lou

Check this thread as well:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post242727

Tags