Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #31
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
Learned a long time ago, get a 4" thick binder,put dividers in it for all manuals that you can get, find or copy.
We are a bit more high tech - we have everything on our iPads yeah I know they can die or whatever but the ability to do searches is invaluable!

Originally Posted by TxTravelingRN View Post
I'd like to see a quality instructional DVD in addition to the owners manual.
This was seen as a need and so there are DVDs out there - generic yes, but targeted toward a specific RV (PopUp, TT, 5er, MH)

As others have said, a RV is a shell built by the company and filled with third party CAN and is overwhelming to a new RV enthusiast. This will pass (like a kidney stone )

Your Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) is critical to the enjoyment of your RV. Your dealer is second--if you have a uncaring dealer I am sorry and to be frank, you are screwed. Try to find another dealer who will help you out - they ARE out there!

Get an extended warranty. Really. REALLY. We have a 7 year one through Good Sam. This will save you a BUNCH (one slide out repair can cost double the cost of the policy!)

Ask questions, learn to be self sufficient, expect to become your own best handy person and honestly? Learn to look at fixing & upgrading your RV as a fun experience! (I was just up on the roof today "bug proofing" our A/C units
Thread here:

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #32
Site Team - Lou
I started my "Dash One" (Air Force term for "the binder with all the sections used to fly airplanes) for my camper the day I brought it home. It soon became so heavy I started looking for the digital versions of all the manuals and pictures I was collecting.

Now my "instruction manual" is 10.3 gigabytes of pictures, subject links, manuals, instruction videos from YouTube, parts links, and graphs.

I organized it by system and can find most things I need to access in just a few clicks of the mouse.

A Forum member (I wish I could remember who) called it the "Herkbrary" a few years ago and it stuck.

Nearly every day something new gets added; to the Herkbrary and to my knowledge bank.

Start your own and you will be amazed at how it grows. Be forewarned though, organization is the key and BACK IT UP!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote