Old 09-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #31

I think you've answered your own question and have already decided.

From what you have said you have a minimum of three adults so I can understand wanting some adult style privacy in the bedroom space. Add in the various kids and I imagine things can feel cramped. As you already have a trailer I think you are in a good postition to determine what you need to overcome the the current TT's drawbacks.

So is it worth it to upgrade?

If it makes you feel more comfortable and enjoy the trip more I would say yes.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

In the last 13 years.
28 foot TT used
32 foot TT new
36 5th wheel new

Knowing what I know now I'd have bought the 5th wheel first.

Turbs

Old 09-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I love the popcorn button! It's like the rinse only button on the dishwasher.

Where is that button? I can't seem the "rinse button" on my DW!

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #34

Oh you shortened it to DW and now it has multiple meanings that could get me into big time trouble. I think I'll plead the fifth at this point. I know nothing.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
Hello all, I am contemplating upgrading my camper. I realize no-one can tell me whether or not to buy a camper but I would like to hear form people what kind of experiences you have had upgrading your camper. I have a 26' no slide no frills TT which I have had for a year. We stayed in it for a week and realized we are not very satisfied with it. So we are looking at nearly doubling our payment for a nicer camper. I would like to know if others out there faced their 1st upgrade if you would do it again? Was it worth it?
To the original question. Maybe patience would work well. I was having similar thoughts about my trailer (two actually) and eventually a freak hail storm came through our area and I was back at the dealer with the checkbook. There's always something nicer in the next model up. Maybe you can learn more about your current trailer while you're waiting.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
To the original question. Maybe patience would work well. I was having similar thoughts about my trailer (two actually) and eventually a freak hail storm came through our area and I was back at the dealer with the checkbook. There's always something nicer in the next model up. Maybe you can learn more about your current trailer while you're waiting.
you can't "learn it" bigger and more comfortable, and that is what they are after. If they are going to use it often enough, it is easily justifiable
davel1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
If you get the right unit it will be worth it. Make a lists of you like and dislikes regarding your current tt, and shop from there. It took us a while to finally decide on our Windjammer, but we are very happy with the purchase. We couldn't decide on bunk beds for the grand kids, we opted against them and they could care less. We purchased the tt to fit our needs, and hopefully anyone who travels with us will make due. Just my $0.02 worth

Chuck "still in Va "
I have to agree with you Chuck. We don't have grandkids yet. We bought a Park Model with a separate front Entertainment area that has doors, sofa bed and curtains for the kids, they came once. Get what you need and don't plan on other possible uses.
Brian
Old 09-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

After the kids left home we got back into camping by getting a 26' TT with a slide out. Then decided on a 2011 35' TT with two slide outs that our 1/2 ton could pull. We loved the whole set up until we went to the FROG Rally. That's when we strolled into a Wildcat, a 38' 5er, and the rest is history. We loved it! So now we own a 2014 Wildcat 327ck with three slide outs plus the addition of a 2014 GMC 2500 Duramax to pull it. Do it again? In a heart beat!!
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #39

We skipped a couple steps. After 45 years in a tent, moved to a pop up for a year and a half and the jumped to a 32' 5r.

xs1ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #40

We were in the same position two years ago. My wife and I started with our honda civic and a tent. Many fond memories taking sponge bathes with a bucket of hot water. After our three kids came along we ventured into RVing with a no thrills no slide 27' TT. Since it was our first I didn't want to have to worry about slides leaking, not deploying, etc. We loved that trailer taking it on trips to Yellowstone, Black Hills, many trips to Colorado, Civil war sites, etc. On our last trip in it with our older kids, we found ourselves tripping over each other...we had outgrown it. We purchased a Rockwood 8281ws FW and have loved it. We didn't know anything about RVing when we started and as we camped made notes about what we liked and didn't like and continue to do so. We have had no regrets about upgrading and will do again when the kids are out of the house . We like to camp in state parks and national forest sites so will keep our trailers under 32' so we can get into the places we like to camp. Sometimes it is a challenge with that size! We also like having a large grey tank so I'm not having to empty it often. Good luck in your upgrade!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums