Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #41

For me it has been the "extras" that have me moving to a th 5er (basically same setup as my lacrosse)...

I am tired of trying to "find" a way to take bikes and genny and all the other stuff we use when we are out. We are a VERY active family and we enjoy those activities when we are out...I found myself wanting a kayak this year and finally said forget it.....just getting a toy hauler....I like the option to use it as a kids room, game room, dog room, or dirt bike hauler...whatever I need or want for that trip...

Oh and now a new truck to pull it with as well....It is what it is....I think it will meet our needs for several years at least....maybe when the daughter is older and gone ill want something smaller....just wanna enjoy my ability to do this stuff before I get to old to not!...
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #42

I fought the camper purchase for years with my wife (she always camped in style) I thought it was boring sitting looking at other campers all day. but in the end she won and we purchased a brand new 30ft TT in 2005 it had all the bells including a loft for the kids to sleep in, that TT lasted 3 years and she wanted another diff style, so I bought a 2011 TT in the 34ft range with a huge living room, the only lasted 1 year and now we have a 5er with bunk house that sleeps 6 kids in their own beds and our master is how I like it BIG.. should of gave up my truck bed years ago and put in a 5er hitch. IMO.GO BIG NOW...

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #43

I could have saved a lot of money if I went with a 1 ton diesel and 5th wheel the first time around. I guess we didn't realize at first how bad the camping addiction would affect us.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #44

We started with a Grey Wolf, now we have a rockwood windjammer. It was double the price but it has more room and we love it and would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ronphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #45

We pull our windjammer with a Ford f-150 ecoboost. It is rated at 11,000lbs. We went west through the Mts. It did a very good job. I was very satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ronphill is offline   Reply With Quote