Old 09-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #1

Issue with 2606ws model

We have a 2019 2606ws model and just started experiencing the bathroom door unlatching during travel. Today it unlatched, fell off the track, broke the magnetic stop and knocked off one of the wall hooks. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions for securing the bathroom door during travel?

BarbaraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #2

I have the same travel trailer 2019 2606WS, my door never came unlatched (yet), I have a strap and turn lock. The same for the bed room door. Thanks for the heads up. I may think of adding a strap that has a snap. Amazon sells -
JR Products 20615 Universal Door Security Strap [/B]

by JR Products

While we are talking about the same trailer, how do you keep the extra counter top stable? Only has a middle leg and attaches over the drawers any slight pressure and the counter top tips.

Also, the front pass through storage cargo door that swigs out, has no latching system, I wish FR made a latch, all other compartment doors have magnets. Opens into the docking light switch and marker light. Windy days I need to be careful.

Chief55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #3

I cut a 12 inch piece of 1 inch pipe insulation. I place it on the door edge (door open) and it keeps the door from rattling around and takes the play out of the door. I then make sure the strap is secure, and no problems. I figured out how to do this after mine came off track and broke the door stop also. I place one on the bedroom door also. When you are not using them during travel, I place them on the awning metal to protect my head. I usually bang it on the awning once a trip.
bkc19922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #4

Chief,

I forgot to mention, I placed a screen door strut with the press lock on my door. When it is open I can lock it into place and to shut it I just hit the release.
bkc19922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:05 PM   #5

After returning home and noticing this issue, placed pipe insulation to hold door in addition to strap. Just ordered JR strap from Amazon. Hope both solve the problem! Thanks for the replies!
Old 09-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #6

I've had concerns about our two sliding doors and use a rubber door stop on the end of each door while traveling to keep the doors steady so they don't wear out the fabric straps that hold them closed.

As for the pass thru door on the drivers side, I bought another magnet latch like those provided on the other side of the pass through and mounted it to the right of the marker light. It sticks out farther than the marker light and also secures the door when it's open. Here's the magnet latch on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jefrec27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #7

I purchased the snap strap and can’t figure out how to install it. Maybe it’s me and not the instructions? Did you install the strap in your trailer?
Old 09-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraW View Post
I purchased the snap strap and can’t figure out how to install it. Maybe it’s me and not the instructions? Did you install the strap in your trailer?
Hi,
I'm on vacation and did not install it. But follow the same pattern as the strap on the door now. You have to cut the strap to fit, and you have several options. You can install the snap on the door or the door jamb. FR installed the strap on the door and hook device on the door jamb. My old trailer had this plastic snap system, when they screwed the strap on the door they folded the plastic strap over the screw and then they snapped it on the door jamb. Make a pilot in the plastic first before you screw it into he door. Your choice on where and how you want to place the strap and where it hangs. . Hope this helps. Hopefully this transmits, the first reply didn't.

A warm strap will be more flexible when installing.
Chief55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #9

Thanks for your response. I realized I was missing a snap and thatís why I could not figure out the installation. Amazon is sending another strap kit!